Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What childless women do...


...on Halloween. This is Maury, the object of all of my maternal instincts and amusements until such time as I am blessed with actual, human children. He's a good sport about it though. He rather likes putting on his sweaters. Oh that's correct...sweaterS, plural. He has a bit of a wardrobe. Just 'cuz. Last year he wore his dinosaur sweater. I don't think I have a pic on file for that one, simply because I was laughing too damn hard to take a picture. I even fashioned a horn for him to wear on the top of his head. Once the tears subsided and I picked myself up off the floor from laughter, I could see that poor Maury was not amused.

There are two little girls that live two doors down from my in laws here in the Port and they rather like Maury. They know that he usually gets a costume at Halloween as well, so they came to the door the other night and quickly asked what he was dressed as this year. Though it may be a bit obscure, he's supposed to be Tony Stewart, NASCAR driver for Home Depot (hence the orange and the number 20), which, incidently, happens to be Biff's favourite driver. So there you go.

Here is a picture of my finger. I don't know how this dog sweater got in the way.

4 comments:

ChickenBetty said...

That's awesome. Back when we had cats we used to dress them up as dogs - with dog sweaters. They never liked it though.

Marti said...

Cats aren't generally agreeable to being dressed. And they don't like being wrapped in tin foil either. I can personally attest to that. I don't recommend duplicating that experiment.

Miss Lime said...

Oh, I love it! Maury looks like he has the same coloring as my dog, Alex. Maybe I should think about making Alex a sweater...

Don said...

Haha, you are totally awful at taking pictures of your own fingers. Good thing you can fall back on that knitting thing.