Carmela...she is done. I didn't block it. Besides, I had already bought the zipper. Anyhow, I sewed the zipper in yesterday, and other than being sorta blurpy and bulgy, it worked out rather well. I think what I might do is throw this in the wash and the dryer and see what happens.
Overall the fit isn't as bad as I thought it would be, now that it has a closure. The neck/yoke thing is definitely weird, but I'm willing to live with it. The rest of the sweater is exactly what I wanted...a sorta cardi/jackety thing. The sleeves are dead on in length and the whole thing is rather cozy and warm.
The only mod. I made was to do a zipper rather than buttons, and other than that, I followed the pattern as written, a first for me. Length is good, I enjoyed knitting this and my only complaint was that the yarn amounts in the pattern are incorrect. I ended up needing 9 balls of the Patons Chunky Tweeds rather than the 7 the pattern called for. If you end up knitting this, be mindful that the amount needed for the Shetland Chunky and the Chunky Tweeds are mixed up. If you look at the yardage for each, you'll see that they've made a mistake.
Anyhow, I'm eyeing up the other sweaters in this booklet. I'm thinking Nicole's Cardigan might be next. I love this yarn for its versatility, affordability and for how quickly it knits up. We shall see. I might see if I can get my LYS to put the chunky on sale again sometime soon!!! Hehehehehe...
That's all for now. Until later...
7 comments:
Lovely, lovely, lovely! Celebrate!
I think it looks great and I don't mind the neck at all. I would never zip it up that far anyway.
You done good!
Nice work! I love it! It looks great on you -- wow - you can crank out a sweater in no time, girl! That blue is very pretty.
I don't mind the neck, but I wonder what sort of tops you can wear under it, or do you just go top less with that cardi? If so - don't heed Donna's advice to not zip that far up - or you'll have to charge admission!
I like the Michelle sweater -- But am addoring the cabled turlteneck --- I have a store bought one almost exactly like it that I have been debating trying to duplicate -- I should pick up the pattern.
I wish I could knit sweaters as fast as you! I never thought about it when you got the stuff, but when that book first came out I noticed the mistake. M and I were looking at it, and I noticed they gave the same quantity for both yarns, but they aren't the same yardage. Could saved you some discomfort had I remembered. At least we had more of the same dye lot.
I finally got the ends weaved in on my sweater over the weekend. It's in the wash now. I am blocking it even though it's acrylic cuz the hemlines are kinda rolling. If I pin them down when it's wet maybe the problem will be solved.
it looks great! The yoke thing doesn't look bad or wonky to me. I wonder if the sweater was knit with a 100% wool if the cables and the shaping, yoke, etc. would stand up more and be a bit more pliable if one did have to block, etc.? I still think you did a fantastic job on this. :-)
Love the sweater! What a nice colour! And such nice cables! I agree that the neck looks fine. It's different but I think it gives it a nice open feel around the neck. If it bothers you, you could put a nice little button there maybe. To make it more like the original pattern?
Love the Michelle pattern... hmmm may have to steal your idea...
Well, I think it's a great fit!
Post a Comment