Anyone remember this room?
Welcome to Marti's Little Workshop...
...this is where all the magic happens....phfftttbahahahahahahhahaaa!
But seriously, we're pretty muched moved into the house now, as of yesterday. Things are still pretty rough around the edges and we don't have a bathroom with a shower yet (in about ten days or so though) so for the time being, we're still going to be trudging over to the apartment to bathe (why move now then you might ask? Well, I've got company coming in a few hours...three extra bodies. Better us in the house than them, ya know what I'm sayin'? Thankfully only for two nights). Not surprisingly, the craft room was priority numero uno. It's my little island oasis, my shelter in the storm, my Shangri-la, if you will. I love it in here. Actually, I'm in here right now. If at any time during your day you stop and wonder, 'Where is Marti?' chances are I'll be in here.
I'm looking forward to actually having time to craft in here, whenever that might occur. Still plenty of work to be done, and then when we've accomplished that, there will be some more work to do and after that, as an added bonus, more work. As a treat to myself, I think I might work some more after that. Cuz apparently I'm a whore for work. I'm actually so tired from doing all of this bloody work that I've gone stupid. In ordering pizza last night, I had to summon all of my mental faculties just to do it correctly. I dialed the number, told the pizza dude that I wanted to place a pick up order and then just went silent, as though I were expecting him to read my mind or something. Driving down and actually paying for the damn thing was a whole other experience entirely. It was as though the debit machine was this facinating new fangled technology that I was only just getting around to hearing about. Holy cow...
But I tell ya...it sure is worth it, and it's not even done yet. Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I realized that I had more than two square feet of space in which to change my clothes. The kitchen is on a whole other floor! And Hank...holy geez...he's been going apeshit since last night around 10 pm. He really is beside himself. Usually we have to take him out in the yard for a play or for a nice long walk to get his sillies out...that may no longer be an issue. He's been running back and forth down the hallway that leads to my craft room, up and down the stairs (which he is decidedly NOT delicate about, great gallut that he is) and was even so worked up that he pooped on the brand new living room carpet (thankfully, drop sheets have been put down) at five this morning. So some adjustment period is necessary. Ahhh...he just laid down beside me...panting...thank goodness.
Anyhow, this is why I've missed Knit Nite this week and this is why I haven't been knitting or posting or doing anything that requires time that takes me away from the all encompassing work. Life shall resume as normal before too long. And I'll keep updating the photos as rooms get finished.
Until later...
4 comments:
Looks wonderful! You must be so pleased and totally worth all the time and effort you have put into it!
And Hank will adjust. He's a dog. That's what they do.
Looks nice! It sure must be nice to have all that space now. Poor Hank -- he'll settle in fast enough!
ooooohhhh -- I love your new craft room. It's bright and cheery (and loaded to the gills with crafty goodness!
Oh wow - The craft room is beautiful. Marti's own little port in the storm.
Congrats on the move. I know you guys have worked so hard (and will continue to work hard) to get your house ready.
(Would you mind coming in an helping me finish my bedroom?)
Post a Comment