Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Sneaky Pete...



Ever get the feeling you're being watched?

I really don't have much to blog about in the way of crafts, since I can't reveal anything. I was totally called out in the yarn store yesterday for all of my claims of not doing holiday knitting, whilst holding a ball of yarn in my hands that is now half-way to being a hat for someone on my Christmas list. Blog posts in the new year should be plentiful though. I actually pulled of a pretty amazing Hail Mary play this week with a last minute gift.



Here's an advent calendar update. I finished the number tags (cut with the Cricut and written with a Sharpie), which I'm sorry, look adorable with these mini clothes pegs that I found at the dollar store. Most of my supplies for the decorations came from the dollar store.



I cheated a little bit, as the pine cones came as is and all I had to do is add a ribbon to the jingle bells (again, dollar store. Love you guys). The rest are all my handiwork though. All that's left is the star for the 25th which at this point just needs a few more beads.



2nd installment of little A and knit wear. This is a Pinwheel Sweater that I made a couple of years ago and held onto 'just in case'. My adoration for this sweater is off the charts. It just suits her to a T. Love everything about it, especially the fact that it will grow with her over the next year or so, as it is designed to do.

Alright, enough of blogging. I have a mountain (small one...more like a foot hill really) of baking to attend to and I actually feel like doing it today. Nothing like having one vehicle in the family, and by extention, being left without it, to make you turn you attention to activities inside the house. None of which include cleaning, funnily enough.

Until later..

6 comments:

Heddy said...

ove the advent calendar ... and the very crafty decorations in the pockets! You are very crafty:)

I hope the Christmas knitting is coming along nicely ... can't waoit til after the holidays when we'll see pics of the FOs

Anonymous said...

Nova and I are sitting together and when I clicked on your page and that picture of A came up we "Ahhhhh!"ed in unison. She is so, so cute, and I also love the pinwheel sweater.

The Ninja Knitter said...

S'ok. No need to clean, as baking trumps dusting anytime. Besides, if you clean, then you'll just get it all dirty again as you bake.

Speaking of sweet things...how CUTE is she? Love the sweater, may have to filch the idea and make one for Miss E.

lexa said...

Gotta love dollar stores. That little sweater is too cute.

Terri said...

I've had that pinwheel sweater pattern printed off for a couple of years, but haven't made it yet. Yours is so darn cute, it might push me to cast one on! After I'm done the Xmas sock knitting, though.

Steph VW said...

Your blog is such an inspiration. I love the advent calendar - and HELLO? Dollar store - love it.

Also - the Cricut - I saw the infomercial and am now obsessed.