So I took a little break and maybe, if there is anyone still out there following along, you've wondered why. Well, seeing as there is really no way of easing into such a subject, it is simply this; my mother passed away nearly three weeks ago. She was ill for quite some time, and now she's gone. I was able to see her before she passed, as was little A, which I'm grateful for.
And that's pretty much all I'm willing to say about that. Grief is a strange beast, a process, a journey, and I'm taking it where it leads me. Life is slowly getting back to normal after feeling as though I was living in suspended animation.
Everything has changed yet all stays the same and I feel as though a metamorphosis is taking place. I don't know if or how this little corner of my virtual life will fit in anymore, but I'm not ready to give it up just yet. For now, I'll give you this;

Standing, creeping, shuffling...getting ready to someday run.

Loving the park next to Oma and Opa's (the constable's parents) on crazy warm spring days.
That's all for now. Until later...
8 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. Grief is definitely a strange creature and there is no one size fits all. Grief is different for everyone and is different even when it comes to each person or animal we grieve for. I still grieve for my dad, gone 18 years now and at too young an age from cancer. I grieve for my MIL taken from us 2 1/2 years ago after a lengthly illness in which her passing was a blessing to my brain but not to my heart. I am heartbroken over my dog of 13 years passing this January. But most of all, I grieve everyday as I walk to road of that LONG GOODBYE to my mom, whom has Alzheimer's.
I feel for you and I will pray for you. Use your blog as a way to vent. Share only what you want to share but remember that we, your followers that have never met you in person, are here for you as you embark on a new world without your mum. You are a good mum and your mum is watching over Little A as her angel. My MIL and Dad watch over me and my family, I am sure.
I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.
I lost my dear mother-in-law to breast cancer in the fall - the same day that my son was born. I'm still figuring out how to grieve for her. It certainly is a process.
Take care of yourself and find comfort in your beautiful daughter.
Shannon
You look like your mother. Or at least I thought you did when I saw the picture in the obit. She was very pretty. I'm glad that you got to see her and she got to see A before it happened.
She's getting so big! I bet I'll see a big difference when you get home. It won't be long now before she walks on her own, that's for sure. Then look out!
I'm glad to hear that you are moving along in the grieving process. It can be a long hard road, but you come out the other side with a new perspective.
Love to see the pics of Little A. She is just too darn cute.
So, so sorry for your loss! As Cin wrote here, use the blog to vent with whatever you need to share.
It is a new world that you are venturing into, without your Mom, but be strong. Also be weak when you need to and rely on others to get you through the rough days.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. AP
Marti, very sorry for your loss. I can't believe how big A is getting - very adorable!
I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to say goodbye, but sad that you had to do so.
On Friday, it'll be 13 years since my mom died.
Just do what you need to do for you, for your family, because they are the only ones that matter.
(Could that wee one get any cuter? Hugs to her.)
My deepest condolences to you and yours. Feel free to express your grief anyway that you need to. *hugs*
Post a Comment