My dog has a flatulence issue.
I just thought I would share, since enjoying it all to myself seemed so unfair. Luckily for me, his hours of operation seem to co-incide with my relaxing time, the evening. Isn't he considerate.
I guess it's not really entirely his fault. We've had to switch types of dog food. Not the brand mind you, just had to go from big chunks to mini chunks because Superstore in their INFINITE wisdom, have randomly decided not to carry the big chunks anymore. I'm adding this to the long list of things I really super adore about the Superstore in town and just living on the edge of civilization in general, where basic goods and services are a luxury at the best of times.
Anyhow, that was the dry stuff. Mini chunks. Then they stopped carrying the wet crap we mixed in with the dry crap, so we had to switch that up as well. Ever since then, it's been methane city. Honest to goodness, one night last week it was so relentless and noxious during the night that it woke me up. This is my life people. This is my life.
So here we are, it's 2011. It dawned on me late on Jan. 2nd that Jan. 1 was 1/1/11. And that was only because my iPod told me so. Things that make you go 'huh'.
I know resolutions are, I dunno, overdone, outdated, cliche, never followed through, but really, what could it hurt to at least make up a vague list of things I'd like to do differently this year than last. 2010, for me, as far as years go, hmmm...how to put this delicately...sucked ass, so I'm endeavouring to do my best to go into 2011 with an open mind and a hopefully less cynical attitude.
Thing the first; I was quite close to ditching the blog last year, but I think I'll hang onto it for a little while longer with the express understanding that I'm more going to just write what I want to write about. I think I have a better chance of actually making a point of stopping by and throwing some thoughts around, see what sticks. I think the general mood will be less crafty at times. Crafts don't rule my world like they once did, although they've made an impressive come back in the last few months. But I still have a lot on my mind and I think I can make it funny to read.
Thing the second; Less Facebook, more actual books. I'd like to make a list of at least 12 books I'd like to read or have always wanted to read or maybe should read just for the sake of being well read. I miss books and I really do think I've gotten stupider since I stopped making them a priority in my life.
3rd; Less tv. This is a no brainer. The DVR makes this stupid easy to do. I never watch anything when it's on anyway, so most of the time I'm just sitting here crafting with some background noise. That could be radio instead.
4th; Re-do the craft room, make it more functional for me and my Bean. I'm brimming with ideas and already went on a tear this afternoon decluttering and reorganizing. I have plans for furniture purchases, window treatment sewing and some mild painting, all of which is totally do-able and will hopefully yield a much more pleasant and efficient space to be in. I've designated a couple of corners for Miss A and her arts and crafts and I can't wait to get her little areas set up.
5th; Try to do one thing this year that I've always wanted to do. Last year it was yoga, which I did and really enjoyed. Haven't decided what it might be this year yet though. What would you do?
That's a modest start anyway. I'm also going to try and get this laptop out of my living room. Hopefully once the craft room (slash-office slash-playroom) is up and running, I can put it up there and leave it there (there's already a desk top occupying real estate on the desk. Ideally I'd like to ditch both of them, or at least the desk top, and get a Mac. But we'll see). It interferes too much with little A being around. I sit here and putz around on it while she's trying to play with me, the constable sits here and plays computer games on it while she's trying to play with him...it's insane. Out of sight is so out of mind it's not even funny. And the time has come.
To answer some of the comments from the previous post, I just thought I would quickly update Miss A and her screeching. She hasn't exactly outgrown it yet, but I did try a few avenues of dissuasion. Time out in her room wasn't effective since she saw that as a prime opportunity to just keep at it, only louder and longer (and I got kinda tired going up and down the stairs all the time. I know...I'm lazy). Getting cross and raising my voice was an exercise in futility because loud begets loud. So one day, in the van, at the end of my rope, I used up the only ammunition left in my arsenal, the oldest trick in the book.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Trapped in the confines of my 2001 Chevy Venture Mom-mobile, I let loose with the longest, loudest, high pitchiest screech I could possibly screech. And didn't that shut her up right quick.
Then the very next day, she was at it again in the living room, only her father was standing right next to me. I didn't even hesitate, just belted one right back at her. He went a little cross eyed and his ears bled a little bit, and he even commented on 'wow, that really hurts the ears' to which I replied 'Yes. I know. That's how I feel every time she does it to me. All day long. For days on end.' The post script to that would be, 'DO YOU GET WHERE I'M COMING FROM NOW, HUH???'
I have to say...things have been much quieter around here since then. She still attempts a screech from time to time, a very little one, almost a whisper, but she is ever wide-eyed and watchful of mommy, should she make good on her threat of 'Keep it up, and I'll do it too.'
Until later...
5 comments:
I think all great blogs start with farts!
Hahaha, she must have been terrified when you did that! Awesome job!
And I am glad you aren't getting rid of your blog. AND, my dog farts too. Her crate is in our room, and once I had to go sleep on the couch because the smell was so bad. So I feel for you.
Poor Hank always has something up, so it seems, lol. Mine LOVE hard cheese, but I have to be really careful how much they get cuz then it's Methane City.
I've done that kind of thing with my kids. They do something I don't like, I give it back, then it usually stops.
Dog flatulence is the worst! My little guy can clean out a room!
Great post! Good luck with your resolutions!
Loved the curing the screeching issue solution! :))
I like your solution to the screeching -- and am glad to hear that a taste of her own medicine seems to have cured little A of it ;)
Also - I feel your pain with the windy pooch - we have one who, sepite a very poised and ladylike appearance, sneaks out some that would kill a horse, and then she has the audacity to look in a started way at her bottom, like "oops ... was that me?". Here's hoping the Stoopidstore continues to carry the brand your doggie likes ... they have stopped carrying 3 of the brands of kitty food that I have gotten my cat used to (one after another ... stoopid Stupidstore!), and long haired kitties with a bad tummy are way, way messier (ie; grosser) than a pooch with a tender tum-tum! As I am cutting "stuff" from the poor smelly kitty, I have often thought of sending the Stupidstore a bill for pain and suffering from the kitty and me!
Well - we have to get together soon - the Christmas plan never came together - but, there are always weekends!
Post a Comment