
I give you...the Shaelyn Shawl (pattern name, not mine). A friend (Chicken Betty) sent me a big 'ol bag of fibre, it sat in my craft closet until I obtained a spinning wheel, I spun it all up into a scrummy two ply yarn then let it marinate for a while until I found the perfect project.

Once I found the right pattern, the yarn started to call for me. It started out as a whisper, grew to a dull hum and ended up being a loud annoying, nagging sound that would not leave me be. And once I did cast on, I quite literally could not put it down. The pattern called for five repeats of the lace pattern and I had intended to do ten, but at a certain point I realized that I needed my life back. That and I needed to lay off the muscle relaxers. Whether it was the yarn itself or my obsessive nature, this shawl caused me pain.
S'okay though, because people, I am smitten. It's one of those projects where I keep looking at it and going, 'Really? I made that? From like, scratch?' I spun the damn yarn for crissakes. Next stop; sheep shearing. I've caught the bug.
Now I'm watching MasterChef and it's making me hungry. Until later...
2 comments:
Not only sheep shearing, but you should get your own SHEEP, too, lol. Do it ALL from scratch. I'll help ya. :)
Great job! And so wonderful to have everything work out so well! Yarn, pattern & finished project!
Congrats to you!
Post a Comment