Saturday, September 16, 2006

Dudes, not goddess...

Despite the prayers said on my behalf, those deities that would be responsible for my reconnecting to my beloved crafty virtual reality did not decend from the heavens as expected last Thursday. Rather, two dudes showed up. Two dudes in a van who climbed on the roof, drilled three holes in Biff's parents walls, trimmed a tree branch in the park next door and yet still could not sustain a stable signal from the bloody water tower, which is where they've perched this so called miraculous device called 'wireless internet'. So I'm stuck with dial up, which means one of two things. One, I continue to occupy Biff's mothers office from time to time to check my email and, well, that's about all I can accomplish. Two, I take my computer back to the stone age and re-invest in a dial up modem! HA! Actually typing those words is funny to me. I'm afraid that I will have to go with door number two as it doesn't appear that Biff's mom's computer is going to co-operate with me on the photo front. Such bad timing. I just got some really cool photos to share. BAH! I'm so....perturbed. That is the exact word for how I am feeling. I can't even come up with any expletives. All I want to express is "GRRRRRRRR!"
It's not like I am living on the brink of civilization here! It's a lovely little town where I can walk to the bank/grocery store/greasy spoon/post office in three minutes, all the while enjoying a lovely view of the St. Clair river which shares its banks with Michigan. I can watch the great lakes tankers lazily sail by all day long. I can drive down to the orchard to indulge in a little southwestern Ontario produce (the best you're ever going to find in my opinion). With all of these lovely attributes, why in blazes CAN'T WE HAVE CABLE!!!! No one out here has cable, it's all dishes. Oooooh, wait just a dang minute. Sattelite internet...nope, no one has probably heard of it in these here parts. It is pretty rural around here, but still...this just isn't right. As a matter of fact, it downright sucks.
Guess I'll go back to my mud and grass hut now, maybe bang out some correspondence in cuniform script with my stylus. Maybe in a week or two I'll evolve to papyrus scrolls. Might be best to just hire a scribe. Sheesh.
Until later...

1 comment:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I left a comment for you on "Knitted Babes" about wooden shoes ...