
Something that exciting necessitates all-caps. I've been rather tardy in posting this news as we found out last Friday. It was our first choice of all possible regions in Canada and WE GOT IT! Well, the hubby did all the work. I just sat here and hoped really hard.
We're not sure exactly what location we'll be posted to, but it'll be in the beautiful, breathtaking sea-side province of NOVA-freaking-SCOTIA!
I was there once as a kid and sort of remember Peggy's Cove, but at that age, I was waaaaay more interested in Prince Edward Island (we did a mini tour of the maritimes) as my mom was nice enough to read me Anne of Green Gables before we left on our trip and it was around then (1985-ish?) that the CBC came out with the Anne series on television, still one of my absolute favourites of all time (both the movies and the books). I was so stoked at the age of six or seven or whatever it was to actually be in Anne's house! I was at Green Gables! How cool is that? Now I'm going to be living next door.

Fresh lobster...reasonable real estate...ocean view...and some of the friendliest people, so I've been told, in the entire country. I remember this high school thingy I went to in Ottawa where kids from all over Canada participated and by far, the kids from out east were the nicest, most outgoing, friendliest bunch of people I've ever met. I just hope they don't hate me cuz I'm from Ontario. Really, I'm a nice person! And I don't like Toronto either!
*Happy sigh*. So nice to know where we'll be going. Only one downside that I can think of; an abundance of fish. Looks like I'll have to face my fear head on.
3 comments:
Maybe it'll be easier to face that fish-fear if you are sportin a rockin carpet bag...hmmm
Hey, what's this about you hating Toronto? Why you gotta hate, Marti? Why you gotta hate . . .
Otherwise, congratulations!
I gotta hate cuz it gotta suck...accept for you neighborhood of course. It's a'ight.
Post a Comment