Fortunately, this horse has a name. Her name is Lucy, and I think she is quite fetching. The inspiration came from the Bill Wiley comic Lucy and Danae, since there is a little Danae in our family (inspiration for that name coming from the same place). I wish I had a picture of the two of them together, as I showed the partially finished product to my neice the last time she was here. She smiled and tried to eat it, so for a seven month old, I take that as a rave review.
As for the particulars, she's knit out of either a Bernat or a Red Heart Super Saver acrylic, can't remember which. I figured she needed to be entirely washable and not at all precious. Her mane and tale are leftovers from a scarf that my husbands grandmother made. I don't know if it shows up well enough in the photo or not, but it's got many hues to it, including a sort of blonde and silvery colour. Quite pretty.
I'm so impressed with this pattern, which came from Claire Garland's latest book, Dream Toys. I couldn't get over how much it really started to look like a little horse once I started to stuff it. I'm utterly amazed that someone can sit down (or however they do it) and come up with a pattern such as this. So kudos to her (but to be honest, the rest of the book is a little disappointing).
I've already been comissioned to do another and I'm pretty sure that I'll have to create one for my own collection. Maybe in some fantastical colour...some sort of mythical horse. Pegasus anyone?
I have many other things to share just waiting to be photographed, but time's a runnin' out here as I'm gearing up for the BIG MOVE. Perhaps I'll have to learn to do a little mobile blogging after all!
If I don't see y'all soon, I'll catch up with you in Nova Scotia!
Until later...
2 comments:
Green Gables here we come!!
um, er...a I mena you.
Crap
there's that jealous thing again.
:)
Have a great move!
I lub that horse! Strangely she looks rather pathetic in the first photo and I don't think she's really like that at all. When I met her she seemed ... serene. Perhaps she is camera shy.
I am hoping that I get one too - today I'm thinking old grey mare - but I probably asked for a different colour, for some reason fawn is banging around upstairs. Well whatever, I'm going to lub her too!
Post a Comment