Firstly, some visitors...
...their first time visiting us in Nova Scotia. One of them just met the milestone of having celebrated her first birthday not too long ago.
This was her first time at the beach (okay, technically the second...we had come the day before) and I'd say it was a hit...
While she was here, it was also her first time saying things like duckie and turkey, purple, green, blue, and mauve, if you can believe it. So many new words I can't remember them all...
...but one of them was Auntie...*sniff*
I'm working on a project at the moment that is my first time doing a provisional cast on, fair isle and double knitting. Oh yeah baby, this thing is gonna rock! I'd show you photos, but it's a comissioned piece, and I'd like to preserve the element of surprise.
And last but certainly nowhere near least, last evening was my very first Knit Nite!!! Yeeha! I was soooo excited all day, just like a true dork should be. I met Heather and Sheri, lovely fellow knitters/bloggers with whom I shared my love of sock yarn, coffee and brownies, pretty much in that order. I've always wanted to go to a Knit Nite. And now I do. True, it's a small group to start, but there is promise of more members. Can't wait to meet other Liverpudlian knitters. I didn't take my camera, it being my first time and all, but Heather did get a rare shot of me with my hair curly and an itty bitty sock in my hand, so if you're curious, stop on by her site.
It's hard to describe what being in a room of knitters is like when you're not one.
It's like being a stranger in a strange land most of the time, in regular life, where you have this ability and this language all your own and you'd love to be able to share it fully and completely, except no one really gives a shit! Then you find others who speak your language and it's a revelation. All you have to say is Koigu or Noro and someone else knows exactly what you're talking about. Even Kinneared! HA--love it! Needless to say, I'm very much looking forward to going again...and again, and again.
Last night was also my first walk home through town at night, and it was so immensely pleasent that I once again just revelled in the fact that I get to live here. The air was crisp and autumnal, perfect for walking and the sky was so clear that you could see the stars. Remember the stars? Yea, those twinkly things in the sky. You might recall them from when you were a kid. I certainly haven't seen them this clearly since then. I could also smell the homefires buring every so often as I walked along. Wooden stoves with that great smokey smell. Truly awesome.
Wasn't till I was about a quarter of the way that I realized I'd forgotten my keys, and as the constable had dropped me off on his way to hockey, there would be no one home or no one available to let me in.
So last night was also the first time I've broken into my own house. Which is frighteningly easy, so I am not going to describe how I did it.
Tis all for now folks. More consistent blogging from now on. At least I'll try.
Until later...
3 comments:
Oh, it's so good to hear from you again, both here, and at my "house". Knit Nite sounds fabulous, and I am jealous of your walk home..not the keys part, but all the rest!
I'll bet is was so nice to have your special company with you. That little one is precious..and your nephew's words, not to be forgotten!
Too funny! Breaking into your own house! Maybe my hubby will get to play hockey against your hubby at some point. Mine doesn't get to play on a regular basis since he's a long haul truck driver, but he does get out some.
Looking very much forward to next week's Knit Nite. I mentioned to the Boss Lady today about ordering that new Kertzer sock yarn. I told Heather I'd make new signs for the store with all of the dates listed on it. Tim (the framer at the store) suggested that I make copies of the signs into little cards to put in the bags when people buy yarn. So that's my weekend project! Friday nights and Saturdays as SOOOO boring. I make sure I take some knitting!
Knit nights are awesome! I hope all your Liverpudlians have fun together!
Awesome beach photos! Was that White Point?
Post a Comment