I finished these the other night, my second pair of Summer of Socks socks. I highly doubt I'm in the running for most pair knit, hehe. Anyhow, these make me happy beyond all reason. The colours don't match up and I like them even more because of it. Oddly enough, the striping pattern does match, which is just a little bit more awesome. These will get a lot of wear when sock weather comes.
I started these, pair # 3 last night out of the new (reborn??) Bernat Sox, pink camouflage colourway. I lurve Bernat Sox. It was the first sock yarn I used to learn to knit socks and it holds a special place in my heart. Glad to see it's back. I do love the self striping, but I was a huge fan of their solids, so I hope they introduce some of those again as well. Added bonus; now brought to you in 100gm skeins, enough to knit a whole pair for...wait for it...$5.95!! Can I get a WHAT WHAT?? That's right people...I bought enough sock yarn yesterday (pink plus a blue skein...shocking that I would pick blue I know) for two pair for $12.12 after my frequent buyer discount. Holy Carp. Yes yes, it's acrylic and all that jazz, but when you're jonesing for sock yarn and need a fix bad, you really cannot go wrong. The yarn is an acrylic nylon blend, knits up pretty and wears like iron. I have a few pair of Bernat Sox that I use for everyday wear...love them. Anyhow, these will be for my mom's birthday...which was last Sunday. Hehehe...
Other than that, we have company right now and then we're on some serious vacay. The constable actually has time off...what a treat. He needs to wind down. Oh, FYI, Hank dislocated his jaw (my hubby's jaw, not Hank's)...about a month ago. He's been complaining of pain for a while now and it got so bad this past week that he finally went to the dentist to get it checked out and sure enough, he's got that TMJ or whatever it's called. It finally dawned on both of us that the only time he sustained trauma to the jaw was when he was playing with the dog. Hank has lightning quick reflexes and sometimes when you're cuddling him with your face too close, he'll whip his head around and crack you right under your chin. It's happened to me too...and it really really hurts. SO, be forewarned...an eighty pound playful pup can inflict serious injury!!
Anyhow, I'm going dark for now but I'll be back in a few weeks with lots of knitting and stuff to share I'm sure. For now, it's max relax (even though I'm supposed to be working on the house...bah) and I'll catch ya on the flip side.
Enjoy the summer!!
Until later...
6 comments:
Glad to see your socks again! And the new ones look very pretty.
Poor C. with his TMJ. That can be truly painful!
Look forward to hearing about your vacation. Have a great time!
I'm glad you got in to see the yarn. Two skeins came home with me. It was the first real sock yarn I ever knit with, too. I had made socks before but with Shetland Chunky for work socks. This time around it does have 40% nylon. I still have my first pair, no sign of wearing through anywhere yet! That acrylic will outlive us all.
Jewel does that with me, too, and I guess I should be careful. Though she's half the size of Hank she's got a melon on her like a coconut.
Have fun on your vacation!
ooh, sorry to hear about Mark, hope he mends soon.
Love, Love, Love the rainbow socks!
May I call you "Rainbow Brite"? Those socks are spectacular! WOW! and the stripes really do line up perfectly - you are a sock knitting genious! LOL! Now I want to cast on my Nation colour rainbows! Whatcha knitting on vacation, and on the car ride to your vacation?
those socks are FABBBBBUUUU! I love 'em. They must be some Regia colourway. And I probably have it (go look at the yarn nook photos on my blog). TMJ? Is that like lock-jaw? Sounds painful. Poor Hank, doesn't know his skull is a lethal weapon!
Post a Comment