The drunken stagger he saved for the ride home. I think the initial excitement of being picked up wore off and he was a little mellow and drowsy on the ride. It was kinda funny actually; he sat there with his mouth open, but I don't think he was actually panting. Anyhow, he seems to be fine. Slept a lot last night but was up and at 'em first thing this morning. He even made a bee-line for the van when I took him out, which I was a little surprised at. But I think that had more to do with his trips to the beach the two days prior to surgery. I'm sure he'd be all for going out and chasing the ball on this lovely fall day, but I'm making him chill out and of course keeping a watchful eye out for, um, licking. Gross. I know he probably is a little none the wiser about the whole affair, but I still feel kinda bad. The constable and I were worried about strange things, like will it change his personality. But if today is any indication, he's as clingy and loving as ever. Emphasis on the clingy. Has yet to leave my side.
So I used playing doggy nurse maid as an excuse to sit and get the hood finished on my Central Park Hoodie. I still need to do the button bands, but this is pretty much all I've been working on since the last blog post, and it was getting a little stale, so I thought it was time for an update.
I've tried it on with a t-shirt and it just kinda fits at this point, though I won't be able to do it up even after the button bands are done, but it is super cute and there will be a nice cardi waiting for me at the other end of this pregnancy thing egging me on to get back into some other shape than round. I'll of course model it a bit once the bands are knit.
I think I should've gone with my original instinct which was to do a collar instead of a hood, but it seemed a little pointless to knit a Central Park Hoodie and omit the hoodie part. The hood seems a little small, although it hasn't been washed or blocked like the rest of the sweater, so perhaps it's just a little bunched up and tense. Overall, I'm very pleased with this sweater. It's a quick and easy knit.
I had this to distract me when I got bored of the sweater. Just a plain crochet bib of my own devising. When I was done, I thought it looked a little bland, so I perked it up with a couple of red buttons and a little felt applique. Which sent me on this tangent...
The photo is a little blaseh, guess the sun when behind a cloud at that moment, but it's actually quite bright. Maybe I should stop taking photos with the lime green cutting mat as a background. In any case, I've got sketches for half a dozen bibs with different fruity themes. Too much fun. It's terry cloth backed with white flannel with a lightweight interfacing in between and of course, the felt applique. Makes me smile.
So were you watching the debates last night? Either side of the border? I find it kind of interesting that so many people think Canadian politics is boring, but frankly, I thought the format that they used for the leaders debate was much more...entertaining, for lack of a better word. Five leaders, one roundish table, questions posed by actual Canadian citizens covering a spectrum of topics...I found it more engaging than the vice-presidential format, that's for sure. Two candidates, pretty predictable outcome. But I'm not a pundit and I did finally pack it in at 11:30. So there you go.
I'm at knitting odds now. I've gotten to the point with the sweater that I just want it done without having to actually do the knitting. And I'd like to move onto baby things. It suddenly dawned on me that five months can go by pretty quickly. If I'd like to have a small arsenal of items, I'd better get crackin'.
Until later...
5 comments:
Your CPH is really looking great! And I love that you did it in so many different shades of blue. Sort of like my socks that never actually came out the proper colour in any of the pics!
Glad Hank seems to be his old self and doesn't hold a grudge!
Love that sweater, and the little bibs are so cute. :)
Say if it's Hank's birthday than the Mister's birthday must be close at hand as well. Is he getting the same thing?
I think the bibs are darling!
Love the sweater and very cute bibs. Glad Hank survived the trip to the vets ok.
i like what carrie said lololol, we refer to the process here as "brain surgery" eat lots bfn oxox
Post a Comment