EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Freakin' gross. Seriously, the irony (is irony correct?) of finding such evidence on today of all days is just a little much. Since I don't play the flute, I settled for my classical guitar (#987 on the list of things that are difficult to do when nine, nay, ten months pregnant) and hope that it scared it away (it's been a seriously long time since I've practised). I have to say, the two of us are positively befuddled and totally put off by the fact that there might be a RAT, ARRRRRRG, in our house. And of course we discover this only minutes after the hardware store has closed, negating any possibility of picking up a rat trap tonight.
A rat...a freakin' rat. I didn't even know there were rats in NS. Is this possible? At least I hope it's a rat. As opposed to some other kind of woodland creature or something. Or a freakin' huge mouse. The constable is the one who did the internet search...he seems convinced it's a rat anyway. I, however, am on bed rest at the moment, so I'm taking his word for it. Freaking out, but taking his word for it.
Oh yeah, the bed rest thing. Well, I'm having blood pressure issues and so am confined to bed (I'm taking liberties and including couch as well) for today at least. I have to go back for another assessment tomorrow to see where I stand. Fun fun. Thankfully I've got my hubby here for four days while he's got regular time off so depending on how things go tomorrow, we may be looking at induction sometime this week still. I'm taking full advantage of being waited on, and am now wishing they had put me on bed rest like a week ago. It's kinda sa-weet...hehehe. All that is missing is a little bell.

Anyway...I meant to show these the other day. My ma sent another package for the babe and these were inside. The bouquets are made up of little onesie outfits. Aren't they adorable? I hate to take them apart.
And while serving my bed rest, I finished a pair of duck feet from Zoe Mellor's 50 Baby Booties To Knit. Ya know, in case this kid decides to show up by Easter at least. Tonight I plan to start a bunny hat. So I've got all my bases covered.
Also, a couple people asked about the bags and dresses in my last post. I can be quite lax about posting my sources for patterns etc. Anyhow, again, I don't have the exact info, but the bag pattern was a Sewing For Dummies one. Sorry I don't have more than that. That would require me going upstairs, and we all know that's against the rules...hehehe. As for the pillowcase dresses, I used this website as my guide.
That's about it. Hope y'all had a nice, rat free St. Paddy's Day. Until later...
8 comments:
EEEWWWW is right! There are definitely rats in NS but usually they are river rats. At least in my experience they were. Good luck catching that sucker!
And double good luck with the whole delivery thing. Are you sure this is a girl? Usually it is the male that is too lazy to come out on time! :-))
Oh how awful. I think I would prefer a woodland creature instead. I didnt even realise those cute bouquets were onesies. How special they are. I love your little duck booties too, so cute!! Enjoy all that bed rest.
Those onesies bouquets are so fun and adorable.
Now..I just have to mention that as a baby conceived and born and raised in Hawaii (pre Pearl Harbor..too early born so just after the bombing..Norway rats, insects, roaches and all) I did survive all the bugs, rats, blackouts from the war, on and on..it will be just fine, and your little Pinta will thrive.
I absolutely can't wait to see a picture of her. Wishing you the best and may some loved ones be around to help her slide into the world and to hold you close.
On the rat or whatever - I hope you get that disposed of ASAP and then find out how it got in the house and seal it up.
On the Duck Feet - love them! Reminds me of a Dr Seuss book "I Wish That I Had Duck Feet" which my boys had and we read so much. I'm wanting to find a copy now for Grace (11 mo. old granddaughter)
Duck Feet! So cute!
Oh, yes, there are rats around here. The white house on the corner up the road from me was absolutely infested about two years ago. Luckily they stayed up that way.
My Dad absolutely despises rats more than anything. One year a mother rat made a nest in his neighbor's bbq, right between the grill and the coals. He took it out to use in the spring and was shocked to see the momma and a bunch of babies. He was crazy enough to think Dad was going to help him get rid of them. One winter when I still lived at home Dad looked out the window, and I thought for sure someone was stealing his truck. Cursing, ranting, raving, "Where's my gun? Where's my gun?" Come to find out he saw a rat jumping from one snowy footprint to another. (This must have been when I was in high school cuz he hasn't had guns for eons.) Anyways, by the time he got his gun he couldn't find any shells, so the rat got away. It was quite funny. I've wrote a novel as it is, cuz he had a few other incidents with rats that are funny to me, not to him.
You've got a super stubborn little Pinta in there.
Rats are gross. I totally freaked the time I found them in the barn. Not in the house, thankfully.
The 18th is the day, right? Girls get comfortable in there too, unfortunately.
Keep checking, hoping for some Pinta news.
Post a Comment