This is my 304th post. That's insane. I've filled 304 blog posts with not a whole lot to say about yarn and fabric and occasionally, my dog. Or the weather. And yet still you read. Bless you.
Still doing a little sewing to keep myself entertained. I've been on a bag jag the last little while. I inherited a bunch of quilting fabric from the constables grandmother a while back, when she was clearing out and downsizing. Nice stuff, but some of it...well, I wasn't sure what I would do with it. I like to quilt, but they are the kind of 'few and far between' projects. Anyhow, I'm continuing my efforts to de-stash a bit and lighten my load, at least with respect to craft room if nothing else. And it's been really fun to turn inward and challenge myself to making stuff from materials I already have...this is what I keep telling myself when the reality is I can't manage to be upright for more than five minutes at a time, so going out and procuring said materials is, like, a righteous pain in the ass. Anyhow, four bags so far and yesterday I found a few more remnants that might do well for this particular pattern. These make nice little knitting project bags so who knows...some lucky knitters out there might be in possession of one at some point.
On one of my Frenchy's sprees, I picked up a couple of pillowcases, intending to try out the whole pillowcase dress thing, and seeing as it's simple and fast, I managed to bang out three of them. The faded blue paisley one was from a set of my own sheets, ones that I loved dearly (strange how you get attached to stupid things) and for some reason, I hung onto the pillowcase. Anyhow, it was my tester. It is the 12 mos. size, the orangey-ish one, 18 mos. and the one with the blue roses, 2T. I was thinking these would make really great beach cover ups or just bumming around in the sandbox kind of wear. Things that I'm not going to get too fussy over if they get incredibly dirty. They really are quite cute. There was enough pillowcase left over that I was thinking of making little draw-string bags. Ya know...for shell collecting or the like.
No knitting to speak of really as I've sorta lost my mojo. But I did wake up this morning feeling the urge to cast on a new project, which was a delightful change of pace. So who knows. Two projects that I had started have bitten the dust. A grey (what was I thinking?) sweater I started for my nephew is now in the circular file and a pair of socks that I started for myself just weren't doing it for me, and have since been frogged and re-caked. I feel very good about these decisions. Sometimes deconstruction is as satisfying as the construction.
It's a beautiful day and of course I'd love to be able to take the Hankster for a nice long walk. Alas, we are cloistered. What did they used to call it? Confinement. Yeah, they kinda weren't kidding. He's been such a good boy for the most part. He tolerates all the napping very well. Thankfully it's staying lighter much longer and the hubs can get him out a bit if he's home from work early enough. I just keep telling Hank that pretty soon, things will get better for him and I promise to get him out more often. That first walk with the stroller and a freaked out, holy-snappin'-crap-Lou-I-haven't-been-for-a-walk-since-summer-of-'08 German Shepherd should be interesting. Poor guy.
Anyhow, that is all. Until later...
12 comments:
Love those bags, and the little pillow case dresses are sweet. First thought before reading your comments on them was beachwear/summerwear.
Come along, little Pinta! Time to come out and play.
Nice stuff - the dresses are adorable, and a great use of pillowcases (they seem to linger around long after the sheets bite the dust!). The bags -- I LOVE them! I have some of the burgundy rose in my stash from a quilting attempt from years back, and have the same fabric in a pretty blue (I know ... blue?) as well.
Looks like you have been keeping busy while waiting for Patty O'Pinta (LOL! I am really certain of it!), that's great -- sewing or knitting, it all yeilds some nice FOs! (I have been knitting some, but not a whole lot) ... I should blog soon, or people will start thinking I have kicked the bucket!
What dear little dresses and so clever to use old pillowcases! That is exactly the kind of thing Reese was wearing down here! Too cute!
As for the pending event, have you had the clean everything up urge yet? Always a positive sign!
PS Is anyone else having trouble posting pics on blogger?
I was walking the isles in Value Village today and eyeballing pillowcases - didn't know why until now! I think they are adorable.
If you don't make purses maybe you could make sunhats or kerchiefs.
Where did you get the pattern?
Love the new bags and the dresses are adorable. Glad you're keeping busy.
Cute bags and dresses!
Hang in there! It really can't be very much longer now. Just a matter of days no matter what.
I got a vision of you, baby and stroller flying through the air holding onto a galloping Hank on that first walk, lol.
Sending baby come out and play vibes. LOVE the pilowcase dresses, may have to snag your idea!
such cute projects!!!
Where's that baby?!
Great bags, and beautiful dresses!
Looking forward to seeing Pinta in some of her knitted items.
Darling little dresses and such great bags.
It can't be too much longer now. Take care.
How about a St. Patrick's Day Baby??????
Those pillowcase dresses are so darling! Especially the one with the little bird...so springy.
Post a Comment