
Okay, so I'm totally taking Carrie's idea here, but it's a good idea, so hopefully she won't mind.
Sorta surreal that it's been a whole week already. It feels like yesterday and a million years all at the same time. She's delightful and a very easy baby to take care of at the moment, which is a blessing as it's affording me lots of time to rest. Plus I'm very lucky to have her daddy here while he's on parental leave. We're so fortunate to be able to take advantage of that.
So, knitting content. I haven't any recollection of when exactly I started this little hat (Bunny hat, Susan B. Anderson), but I did finish it in the hospital whilst waiting for little miss' arrival. All it needs is a few pink ribbons around the ears and then it's done. I brought this and a sock with me to work on as part of my 'labour knitting'. HA. In the words of the immortal Wayne Campbell...shyea...right. Like I had any inclination to knit. But whatever. Don't have a pic, but since being home, I've worked on the sock a bit. Pattern? Hmmm...is it Black Rose? I don't remember. I'll post about it when it's a little further along.
And that's all she wrote on the knitting front. I suppose that it's inevitable that the blog will morph a bit into the 'mommy blogging' arena. But just a little bit. Today we all ventured out into the world for a bit a normal day. First doctors visit (did very well...didn't fuss, gained some weight, yahoo), first trip to the grocery store, first show-off visit to daddy's office. Slept through pretty much all of it. Takin' it pretty easy on her old mom so far.
I'm off now to finish sipping away on my glass of cabernet sauvignon. Oh sweet nectar...how I've missed thee. Until later...
5 comments:
Glad to hear all I'd going well. She is gorgeous!
I'm thrilled that we'll get to see regular pics of miss Avery!
Love the bunny hat - cheek-pinching cute!
She is a perfect little angel - such a sweet little face! Very cute hat too, just in time for Easter next weekend! Awww - she'll be precious in it.
She's just too cute! I still can't get over all that hair.
What a beautiful "little" girl! I am so happy that I will be able to see the pics each week.
Post a Comment