
A weird angle, but she fell asleep in my lap like this and I thought it was rather amusing.
So six weeks. Sort of a bittersweet milestone. Some refer to it as the 4th trimester, the 'getting to know this wonderful little weirdo' phase. You'd think that the giving birth part would feel like the end of the pregnancy, but it sort of feels like the six week mark is. Getting the pregnancy out of your head seems to take a little while, and as odd as it sounds, even to me, there were times when I quite missed it. You can't ever be as close to another human like that and while there is a whole litany of things that suck about it to be sure, there are an equal number of things are quite wonderful. So it's with just a tinge of sadness that it now seems to be officially over and onward and upward into the great unknown we go.
A is doing great. She's discovered her hands and likes to chomp on them when she's hungry. She's smiling a lot more and cooing a whole bunch and is just generally content most of the time when she's awake. She's grown out of a handful of her sleepers already and has slept 7 hours the last three or four nights in a row. Crazy. Yesterday we took a big two hour trip to do some shopping in Bayers Lake and she pretty much slept through the whole day. It was awesome. I'm a worrier, I seem to enjoy envisioning worst case scenarios, which actually may work in my favour sometimes. She was so easy and relaxed and content that the day turned into an exceptionally wonderful outing for me, as I had foreseen any number of stressful or awkward outcomes. And the added bonus? I now have jeans that fit. Yay me. I'm not *quite* fitting into my own pre-preg. pants just yet and rather than walk around feeling conspicuous and overstuffed, I opted for comfort. Better than arguing with myself over whether or not to commit the ultimate fashion faux pas; going out in public in pajama pants.
While in Bayers Lake, I hit up Michael's, as I had wanted to get some wooden letters for A's room. I want to put these up over her crib. I'm either going to paint them to match the colours in her room, (crimson, light green, light blue...one in each colour) or leave them white. Thoughts? As of right now, I can't make up my mind.
Work on my Clapotis (pronounced CLAP-oh-TEE in case anyone was wondering) is coming along swimmingly. It's dead easy, that is, once I figured out what the hell I was doing. Complete mental block when I started this. I think I ripped it three times before I figured out what I was doing wrong. Duh. Seriously, brain turning to mush over here. I really really need to start reading more. And not just knitting mags. and patterns. In any case, I'm loving this project all because of the yarn. It's soooo luxurious. Sheds like the dickens, but soft and warm and I can't wait to wrap myself up in this.
And because I can't leave well enough alone, I've started another baby sweater, another top-down cardigan, again with the Jr. Jacquards. Hey, the yarn shop was having a sale, what can I say. This one will likely be for my nephew. His big sister got all kinds of hand-knits when she was wee, I feel it only fair that he get some too.
That's the round-up for this week. They're going by so fast I can hardly keep up. Until later...
4 comments:
She's beautiful. What a lovely post ... thanks for sharing yur feelings about the after pregnancy.
I love the Letters .... go with colours for them (babies/children need colour, and when she's bigger, for a change of pace, you can paint them white again ... but colourful is a good thing when she's wee!)
I like the Clapotis so far ... can't wait to see it once you have dropped the stiches - it will be a lovely soft wrap, very cozy (and the colour will be great on you!) and look swanky with your new jeans (or add a touch of class to PJ bottoms while grocery shopping!)
I need to take advantage of the sale at B&S -- I have a LOT of friends who are in the family way (and that means a lot of kntted things!).
I missed being pregnant when I had the boys. I had no problems at all, just a little achy back near the end both times. I felt probably better than at any other point in my adult life when I was pregnant.
I'd paint the letters, too.
What a little darling she is! So soft and warm in the pic!
As for the letters, I am in the minority of leaving them white. They will stand out more that way and yet be subtle at the same time. I am always a believer in "Less is More".
Happy Mothers Day!!!!
I love reading your posts and watching Miss A grow, what a sweetie!!
Post a Comment