Alright, I'll admit it. I have my cranky pants on today. We've been here in Nova Scotia for two years, although this is our third spring. And try as I might to hang in there and be optimistic, today, as of this very minute, after what seems like an eternity of rain and greyness, I loath springtime on the East coast. Loath. It.
Everything I do these days, I do in little chunks of time, which doesn't come as much of a surprise. The fact that these little chunks add up to actual progress does somewhat. During my morning reprieve from mothering duties (yay for predictable naps) I spent some time in the craft room getting reacquainted. I hauled out the spinning for a brief interlude. Didn't get very far, but it was kinda fun to play with an old toy. I also dabbled in fusing plastic. More about that in another post.
In addition to the Clapotis and the little cardigan I've been working on in the knitting department, I just couldn't seem to resist the urge to cast on a sock. The pattern; Paraphernalia (Ravelry link). The yarn; Kertzer On Your Toes 4 Ply. Liking the cabling quite a bit. I've been wanting to knit this for about a year or so, but I don't know if it's just me or what, but the pattern seems to be messed up. What I ended up doing to make it look like it should and what the pattern tells me I should be doing are not one and the same. In reading others descriptions of this pattern, no one else seems to have encountered any problems. The pattern is translated into English from another language (Dutch perhaps? I wasn't paying attention), so perhaps that's where the problem lies. In any case, once I got a rhythm down, they seem to be progressing quite quickly.
And now little miss is awake. Perhaps not so predictable after all, as I was expecting to get a whole other hour out of her. Off to 'enjoy' another dreadfully dreary and blaseh day. Yippee.
Until later...
4 comments:
"The sun will come out tomorrow!" (1000 Broadway points if you know this one!) Or on Tuesday for sure!
I was ALL about the schedule when the girls were babies. My mother called me the "Schedule Nazi" because I was So strict about it but it made all our lives easier when we knew what to expect throughout the day.
Fused plastic is awesome, I can't wait to see what you do with it.
And though I will happily accept them, I do not need 1,000 cool points to remain Tragically Hip ;)
Day for Night!
LOL, I'm not too keen on N.S. springs either and I've lived here for more years than I care to admit.
Post a Comment