Monday, July 27, 2009

Where are we?



Seriously. At four months (four months as of Saturday), this child is already well travelled. Three provinces, one night in a scary slasher motel (daddy isn't allowed to make the travel plans anymore) and waking up to new faces at every stop along our way to Ontario. And she has been AWESOME through it all. Her only revenge was to poop three times the first day on the road and twice on the second. I've become a real pro at the quick change on the back seat of the van.


Hank in the scary slasher motel our first night on the road. Our big joke was that Hank kept asking, 'Why do we live in the van now?' This room wasn't much bigger.

I gotta give a big high paw and puppy props to this guy, my good 'ole Hank. There was much fret and worry and back and forth about bringing him vs. boarding him and in the end, he came with. He too has been awesome. Hank has an issue or two, but he's coped remarkably well, much better than I would ever have imagined, so much so that I am really very glad that we brought him along. I thought that with a baby and a dog in tow, by the time we got here I'd have aged ten years and been driven to drink. I'm still driven to drink, but, ya know, for entirely different reasons.

I had hoped to put in a picture of some remarkable knitting progress at this point, as I brought a whole heaping bag of it, but after a few hundred kilometers, two outfit and five bib changes and constant chin wiping later due to a steady stream of milk phlegm and teething drool, I started to wonder why I even bothered. I did manage to crochet another bib on the trip, simply because I was worried I would run out of the stack I had handy in the car.

I do have about an inch or so completed on my Grape Hederas that I started before we left (Cookie A. pattern, Tanis Yarn in Grape), but since arriving, have not picked them up once. Busy busy busy. We hit the ground running most days. It's been lovely to see everyone so far. They will be plenty of time for knitting back in ye olde Nova Scotia I'm sure.

So it's taken me two solid days to compose and attempt to publish this post, what with running here and there and shoddy internet connection. So we'll end it here. Hope to have something fun to post for tomorrow though. Until later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Thomaes Family for making the journey and doing it so well! I for one am so glad you are such a bold and intrepid bunch.

Donna M said...

Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound and that everyone cooperated!

Sweet pic of the 2 little ones!

Have a great vacation and safe trip back home to NS!