I had a couple of great posts started in my head, but of course once I sit down to blog, there is a great whooshing sound as all my brilliant wordsmithery escapes the room. It's the nature of the beast that is parenting. The complete inability to concentrate one's full attention on any one thing for an extended period of time. I'm noticing it happening in conversations with others now. I'll ask a question and I won't even hear the answer as I'm distracted with putting food in a tiny mouth, wiping a tiny hand or just trying to contain a squirmy body. The upside is that I can't remember anything either, so I've already forgotten the question, or the fact that I asked it for that matter so I come away blissfully unaware of anything at all.
Anyhow, first up, a few FO's.
Classic Cable from Top Down for Toddlers, Lynda and Deb GemmelI finished little A's Christmas sweater a while back. One of my favourite kids sweater patterns. I can't wait to try it on her, but I'm behaving myself and waiting until Christmas.
This neck warmer is perhaps my most favourite thing at the moment. It all started when the pattern was gifted to me by a very generous fellow knitter and ended with silver buttons that just tickle me to no end. I love everything about this project. It was fast, simple, destined for the yarn I used and totally functional. Love. It.
This past week we had our little holiday Knit Nite celebration where we exchanged treats and yarn. One of our members decided to be a real keener about the swap and instead of just bringing a singular ball, banged out 15 knitted ornaments, little glass balls sheathed in sock yarn remnants. I threw some elbows and lo and behold, they came home with me. ADORABLE.
Yesterday I finally got around to putting them up on the upstairs tree. Yes, I have two trees. One real, for the living room (the anal retentive, completely colour co-ordinated tree that I used to balk at when my mother did it in my childhood) and the fake one which I've put in the upstairs landing. I plan on making this the homemade, anything goes, throw as much tinsel on it as you like kids, it's all yours tree. It's a six footer that I only use half of usually, thus making it a perfect table top tree. The constable referred to it as the 'ghetto tree' since I put the old school lights on it, for tradition's sake. It has rather nice ornaments, but I think it will forever be known as the ghetto tree now. Somewhere along the way, the knitty ornaments I made a handful of years ago, (little sweaters, stockings, knitting needles) disappeared, so I guess I'll just have to make new ones. Darn.
Speaking of making Christmas stuff, I've decided this year that starting hopefully very early in January, I'm going to make all the Christmas crap that I see out there in the ether starting in mid-November so that I'll have it ready for next Christmas. This goes for gifts as well. There are wreaths and ornaments and baubles out there that are too cute to resist and I'm not going to put it off and say 'Oh well, I'll do those next year'. Perhaps I'll do a post about that and list a bunch of stuff, see if I can hold myself to it throughout the year. We'll see.
And now we come to the baby knitwear portion of the post, installment numero 3 I believe. Here little A is modelling a lovely little dress hand knit by Heddy over at
Ewe Gotta Knit using Bernat Baby Jacquards. Made only more adorable by the tights with built in shoes, also gifted to her by a friend. I find any excuse to put those on her.

Just this week, little A got a package in the mail from Auntie Carrie over at Carrie's Work Basket which included this kick-ass sailboat sweater. Not hand knit, but she knows my penchant for all things nautical so it literally leapt from the box onto her back within a matter of minutes. I think she approves.
I was going to go on and list some of my favourite Christmas stuff, but I think I'll break it up and save that for another post. I'm feeling inspired to bake, must take advantage of nap time while it lasts.
Until later...
4 comments:
We have two trees, too. When we went to the U-Pick lot to get our tagged tree the Littlest One sucked the guy into giving him a little tree for his room. I have loads of ornaments, many many hand-made by yours truly, so there were plently for both trees.
There was no way I was going near those knitted ornaments! I saw the look on your face and knew better, lol! I like my swap item, think I'll make a shawl instead of socks with it.
A is just too cute! Heddy's dress is adorable,and that little sailboat sweater is almost as gorgeous as she is!
OMG! Any pics of little A always bring a big old smile to my face!!! How darn cute is that darling little thing??
I love those ornaments!
So cute!!! Love the ornaments, can't wait to see the sweater on the bebe, and glad you're enjoying the Thermis!
Post a Comment