Similarly, all moms should have an ironclad immunity to any and all illnesses bestowed upon them. The child can still get sick with common colds and chicken pox and the like, but moms should just feel fantastic everyday, all the time for at least the first five years. And there would be no working at it. Two hours sleep all night? No problem, cuz I feel fantastic. Kid hasn't stopped whining all day cuz his damn teeth are driving him nuts? What do I care? I'm as happy as a clam. Haven't been out of the house in a week and can no longer muster the desire to wear real clothes? Don't care, never felt better.
Which brings me to the point, I have a nasty cold. Nas-tee. Sore throat, head full of guck (hence the reason I can't hear), the whole nine yards. It's abandoned it's original homestead in my head and is now heading south for greener pastures in my chest. It's true that I could probably feel worse, but I just really don't want to. This is as inconvenient as I would like it to get. I'm just really glad that little A is such an easy baby to take care of. We have a pretty rock solid routine that we both can count on, so all I really need to do is hold on for a few hours while she plays and drag my sorry arse to the kitchen to rustle up some food and then she's down for the count for a bit so that I can either sleep or just stare off into space for a while. Which is nice too. Especially while heavily medicated.
I don't even really know why I'm here at the blog actually. I don't have much to show. I've been working away on a sweater for miss A but I don't have any pictures of it as of yet. It's just garter stitch, lots of it. I'm making a little Duffle Coat, a la Debbie Bliss. I've been wanting to make one for ages, and saw some Classic Wool in this great teal colour, which does wonderful things for A, makes her eyes leap out and grab you. I'm hoping it'll fit on into spring.
Here's a picture of a thing I made as a Christmas present that I couldn't show off right away. I made it for my niece at the last minute, but I think it turned out pretty cute.
I managed to put this pencil roll together in an evening, which is pretty impressive for a sewing project. For me anyway, anymore.
I used a tutorial I found online, this one actually. Easy. Well, except for the binding. I ended up doing it by hand anyway. If I do another, I'll add a flap to go over top of the pencils. I think they'll stay in better that way.
It's always this time of year, close to my birthday, that I start thinking about spinning again for some reason. I get this itch to buy a wheel and take up another silly hobby. I don't know why. Must be a winter thing. I'm strongly tempted this year though, since the constable spent a pretty penny on a number of toys for himself this year and I have this ridiculous notion that turn about is fair play. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. My only resolution this year was to move more. Taking up spinning seems somewhat counter to that goal. We'll see.
Anyhow, it's breakfast time now so let the arse dragging commence. Until later...
4 comments:
I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but glad that we don't grow extra arms with each child because I don't know how I would fit all those limbs on my body. Feel better soon.
Sorry to hear about your cold. Yes, Moms are expected to cope no matter how sick they are. What would knock a male to his back, the female keeps on truckin'! Someone has to keep things together! :))
I am really excited to see the Duffle Coat when done - I love teal, and i bet it willmake baby girl look like a little Gap model!
Sorry to hear you are sick - I was going to call you yesterday or today ofr coffee, but got lazy. Feel better soon!
Oy, sorry about the sickies. If it helps...you'll have a wicked strong immune system after the bug has gone.
As for spinning, it's an incredibly soothing, meditative experience. Unless you're screaming at small children to not put their fingers into the whirling circle of death while you're tangled up in fluff. You get the idea.
And fyi, you'll need more stash room if you take up spinning. My fiber stash is now almost as big as my yarn stash. And that's a scary thought...'cause my yarn stash is legendarily epic, man. My husband has given up on claiming back any room in the "office" for himself.
Post a Comment