Monday, May 01, 2006

A playoff widow channels her energy...


From about the beginning of April until the end of June, the art of conversation disappears from our household. It's replaced by the dulcet tones of a one Mr. Don Cherry, the familiar theme of HNIC or the roar of a crazed crowd mixed with the melodic crack and snap of bones being crushed against the boards. Players lose conciousness, teeth, use of joints, or even the ability to see. (anyone catch Koivu's injury...uh, ouch.) But we all love it don't we? (if we're subjected to it without options, sure) That's right, it's playoff time. And I'm a playoff widow. Little gets discussed at this time. I barely seem to register on the 'things that are audible' spectrum. It's all about hockey, and that's okay. I'm learning more all the time and rarely have to ask a quesiton repeatedly anymore (so, what is icing anyway? so, was THAT offsides? do you think Jerome Iginla is cute? I do). I still think that being a goalie during either the Olympics or the playoffs (namely game seven of a Stanley Cup final) would be just about the worst job on earth. I can't even comprehend that kind of stress. The money just wouldn't be worth it.
So in celebration of playoff season, I crafted a little jersey here for Joey Baggadonuts, a product of the Knitted Babes KAL. (I'm planning a series of Babeisodes here on the blog in the near future...little dramatic vignettes featuring my new found obession. Should prove amusing, if only to me)



Crafting around the hockey theme has taken a few shapes, this one being one of my favorites. Biff naturally is the true hockey fan, although as I said, I'm catching on. But where would Biff's best friend be without being able to show his colours as well?



Maury is such a great dog...he indulges my every knitty whim. And he actually likes putting on his sweaters, truly he does. Oh yes...sweaterS...plural.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can really see the joy on Maury's face. Joy? Well, maybe if joy is a mixture of shame and disgruntled surrender.