Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Spring chickadees...



I've been knitting booties the last little while in preparation of the arrival of various babies and they've all come from this wonderful book from Zoe Mellor. There are some really fun designs inside, including bunny slippers and jester shoes (complete with bell) but these have to be my absolute favorite. These little ducky feet will make you laugh before you even see them on anyone. I was tempted, before my neice was born, to create a bigger version for my brother, so that he and wee Katie could match. How funny would that have been? Never happened though. Anyhow, had to share with y'all 'cuz now I have model to show how smile inspiring these slippers really are.



This is wee Nolan, he's brand new as of late March and his proud parents are friends of ours. I thought he looked a little duck-like himself in this photo, with that fuzzy down on the top of his head! But doesn't this picture just make your day?!


Here's one where he looks like he's showing off, kind of saying 'yeah, I'm chillin' in my duck feet, whatofit?'.
I picked the book up in the bargin section at Chapters but if you have the means, I highly recommend tracking it down. Who knows, you may eventually try the other 49 designs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog. I stumbled onto the knitted babes page and have been so inspired by the many contributions, yours included. I, too, have intentions of using my stash, only to add to it with each new interest.

Marti said...

Why thank you anonymous! Come back often!