I've been neglecting my crafts of late. So here's a wee bit of an update.

I'm so into these Knitted Babes. Here's Poncho No-Pants, the doll I made for my neice. This is her the day I packaged her up with all of her stuff. What a riot to make all of these little items.

This is my neice playing with all of the stuff that I gave her. It was intended as a birthday present, but her birthday isn't until next month, so this became an Easter present.
Initially, the doll got no love. But the little doll quilt was apparently the shizz. And stuffing all of the little items back into the basket and then dumping it all back on the floor was like the best thing ever. Sweet Honey Baby is just an absolute doll herself and a dream to be around, though the look on her face wouldn't really convey that sentiment. I'm not sure how I captured this worried look, cuz she was so laid back this particular day.
Anyhow, eventually Poncho made it into her field of view and she was promptly whipped around by her hair, which started to come away in little fuzzy clumps because of the nature of the yarn. This didn't gel with Sweet Honey Baby, as she doesn't like dirty hands, funny enough. No whaling or fussing, just a concerned stare at this foreign matter now inhabiting her palms.
Anyhow, this was a fantastic day and I was so glad I got to be there to watch her open up this gift that I worked on for months. I hope Poncho is settled in her new home, and that she still has some hair.
PS: That striped thing in the bottom left hand corner? My knee.

In other doll news, I finished my second challenge outfit for the Knitted Babes blog. The challenge was between my friend Purl (alias used to protect her true identity...craft super hero) and I again. She's now busy conjuring up another challenge for us, this time a different project using different mediums. I'm looking forward to finding out what she comes up with. I'm sure we'll post those challenge results on this here blog.
So those are the craft projects of late...seems with the arrival of summer, my crafting has slowed down considerably. Ah well...more time to tan. And I really don't care how bad it is for me. I'm doing it. I'm Canadian and I'm pasty, because I don't believe in being a fake shade of orange in the middle of January. I'll work on my healthy glow when it's appropriate, dammit.
Until later...
2 comments:
Hey, how come we don't get to see Purl's creation too? This blog is so autocratic . . .
--Don
P.S. I really liked yours. I think that's my favourite of these mildly creepy ladies you keep creating.
To see Purl's creation, go to www.knittedbabes.blogspot.com
for the time being. Maybe someday Purl will have her own blog too.
Post a Comment