Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Swatches?

We don't need no stinking swatches!

*WARNING* This blog post is mainly craft-centric.
For those looking for life details, come back at a later date.

So what have I been crafting lately? Well, I've been swatching, which oddly enough, has been very satisfying. I've been trying out different patterns and techniques in six inch by six inch squares. I have managed to finish a pair of socks and am working on a baby blanket (for no one in particular, just cuz it's small and convenient to pick up and put down whenever I feel like it) but for the most part, my knitty attention span is only a swatch long. So without further adieu, I give you my swatches.



These are all knit out of a Bernat baby yarn, a nice squeaky acrylic that I brought with me on the trip here to keep entertained. One is a basket weave stitch, one is a lacey tulip and the other....uh, I don't remember. Lacy as well I believe.



This is the baby blanket I'm currently working on using the lacy tulip stitch that I tried out in that there swatch.



A finished pair of socks knit from Bernat Sox yarn, which, I'm sorry, is still my favourite sock yarn and it's been discontinued. Just so happens that the local knitty shop (which is also the local camera/computer/mobile phone/guitar accessories store) has a bunch, so you'll be seeing many more of these in the future.



My first argyle attempt. I'd like to do more, just not sure what shape it will take, ie. socks etc.



Some more swatches, this time in a wool blend, which is nice and stretchy, easy to knit and feels really good under the fingers.

That's pretty much it I think. Up next? A mitered square project with my old Crafternoon buddy Carrie, which I am so looking forward to!

Until later...

2 comments:

Kari said...

Marti! I love that last photo! What beautiful work!

Marti said...

Thanks Kari!