This is how it goes, I think. I need to put seven random things about myself in my blog, as well as the names of seven other people whom I've tagged. Am I getting this right? I have no idea...lemme just go steal this from Betty's blog...
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.
Now, there is a problem here. I don't know seven people with blogs. I know, at best, three, including Betty. So I'm bending the rules to suit me, which is what I usually do with these things. Also, Betty stole a lot of good stuff that I could use. Seems we have a few things in common like bare feet and cheese.
Ok, here goes. Randomness...this is going to take forever.
1. Since I've arrived in Nova Scotia, I've been craving avacadoes, green olives and my nose won't stop running.
2. When I was way young, I wanted to be a boy, cuz boys could climb trees and throw really well and just generally seemed to have a lot more fun doing way more interesting stuff than playing house or with dolls, (which I also did and really loved). The closest I came to being a boy was wearing this t-shirt, almost like bicyclists wear (come to think of it, it did say BIKE on it) and when I wore that shirt, I could pretend I was a boy. I never did learn to climb a tree though.
3. I used to have an imaginary friend named Buddy. He was a stick mouse. That is, he was a mouse but if you asked me to draw a picture of him, he wouldn't have been a fleshed out mouse, he would have been drawn like a stick person. But a mouse. It's not that I couldn't really draw, that was actually how I pictured him. He drove a red Corvette and he had a million friends. Not a figure of speech, but actually a million. They were everywhere. My house was very busy with stick mice that only I could see. He could also expand or shrink down to whatever size I wanted. Like if I wanted him to be able to swim in my soup, then we was quite small. You get the idea. I also had this other imaginary friend named Aunt Oma (yes I know Oma is Dutch for Grandma...I don't know where the name came from). She was really really old and she looked like your stereotypical old woman, with white hair in a bun on top of her head, small glasses and all dressed in black for some reason. She lived in Toronto (where I did not live when I was young, but not terribly far from it). I used to pretend that I was going to visit her by sitting on the stairs of our house which was actually the bus. When my wee little psyche felt it was time that I let go of these friends, Buddy went to live with Aunt Oma in Toronto to take care of her, and I never saw him again. I wonder if they are still there...
Buddy...pretend you're five and it will make more sense
4. I used to be a voracious reader, almost to the point of being a book snob. I can't even remember the last time I finished an entire novel. It was likely when the last Harry Potter book came out.
5. My first memory of my husband was the day I got my drivers permit (we went to highschool together, though only went on one 'date' in highschool...that's another story). He was getting his license the same day. I was so excited to finally be able to drive that I was dancing around in the drivers seat of my mom's car while this guy was across the street in front of the Masonic Lodge where they issued licenses every Tues. and Thurs. laughing his ass off at me. Nothing much has really changed.
6. Of all the people that I miss from back home, I miss the dog the most. When I think about him, I get teary. He's a good deg. That's right, deg.
7. This last little while, I'm the happiest I've ever been.
So, if you stop by and read my blog, even if I don't know you, feel free to randomize yourself. Link back to me if you like. Or randomize yourself in the comments. This exercise is actually a little cathartic!
Until later...
4 comments:
awww, I think that's a great post. I'm not really sure why, maybe it's b/c I kinda figured that the deg was being missed most of all. But more likely because it means that things are good, better than good - sweet. That and because I'm always impressed by your spelling skills. cathartic?! well done. (I had to copy and paste it myself).
Stick mouse? You are quite possibly the most awesome person I haven't yet met!
I never had an imaginary friend - I had imaginary EVERYTHING under the bed waiting to eat me once my Mom turned the lights out.
Your stick mouse has a very peculiar resemblence to "Itchy and Scratchy". Not that I am comparing you guys to the Simpsons but perhaps you have more in common with the rest of the family than I had thought. As for the 7 things about my self, I really don't need to waste your time nor put anyone to sleep.
Aw, c'mon Mary! It's not a waste of time. It's kinda fun. But, only if you feel like it obviously. You don't have to play if you don't want to.
Post a Comment