Okay, seven more random things about me...
1. My coffee cup is empty, and this is a tragedy. I doubt I can continue until this is remedied...needless to say, I have a bit of a coffee habit.
2. I used to be the biggest Cure fan that you can imagine. I had posters all over my room, made my own t-shirt from a centerfold poster out of some strange teeny-bopper magazine, worshipped Robert Smith like there was no tomorrow. Ever see that Southpark episode where Robert Smith was called in to defend the town from Mecca-Streisand? No? Well, at the end, one of the kids calls after Robert Smith as he's walking away into the sunset, "Disintegration was the best album ever!!" That's me. But, like all things from childhood, I've put that away. I think I'll go dust it off now that I'm talking about it.
3. I am deathly afraid of fish. Live or dead, but mostly dead, because that's when they're closest to me and I can't stand it. I can deal with spiders, crawly bugs, mice, awful disgusting cruddy dirt in my house; I can even reach down into a sink that's full of water and there is weird gunk collected in the drain stopper thingy and that doesn't bother me at all. But if there is a dried up fish carcass on the beach and I happen upon it, I freeze up with an irrational, paralysing fear. There was this commercial on the other night where this fish calls up this guy who is working on the weekend and the fish admonishes him for not taking the day off to go out and fish (which is totally odd and will eventually lead me to #4 on my list). That would be my worst nightmare, if a fish called me on the phone. And don't say I wouldn't know it was a fish, because I would. Also, I heard that some lakes were getting so polluted that fish were starting to evolve leg buds. LEG BUDS! That means legs, and that means they're coming out of the water. This simply cannot happen. I don't even eat fish, I hate them that much.
4. I'm bothered by commercials that profile self aware food, like I mentioned above. Like commercials that have cows who know that their milk will be chocolate or the chickens conspiring in the barn to get everyone to eat turkey...it just really bothers me. It's hard enough to eat this stuff when we know it's Frankenfood and probably not processed in the most safe manner, but now I have to contemplate the CONCIOUSNESS of my food? It's like the cow in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series (I believe it was Restaraunt at the end of the Universe) who comes up to the table and asks which part of him you would like. No thanks. Just gimme the product info and the straight goods on why I should buy your brand as oppossed to someone elses. That's really all I need to know.
5. When we first moved here, people told us that there were bears in the area. I didn't believe them. I thought they were pulling our leg cuz we were from 'away' or that maybe they meant that there were bears in the national parks and perhaps even evidence of them on the nature trails. I didn't believe in or worry about the presence of bears until my husband was on patrol one night, ON THE HIGHWAY mind you, and saw a bear just hanging out on the shoulder digging through someone's trash. Now I believe in bears. Bears, people, bears. Not that it's incredibly likely, but as I've seen deer in my backyard, the possibility of a BEAR isn't that far off. Bears are supposed to be small and cuddly, wearing a bow, possibly a small sweater and sitting on your bed to remind you of the Valentine's day when you got it as a gift. Not rummaging through your trash in the middle of the night.
6. I prefer Coke over Pepsi, but fully believe that drinking both, a lot, starting at a very young age right up through to my twenties directly contributed to a multitude of health issues.
7. This is sort of a cop out, but it's true...seven is my lucky and favourite number.
Fin...
5 comments:
thanks for playing Marti. i love the f*&h one!
Wierdest water animal related phobia award goues to.....
Marti for Fish
or
Sara for Penguins
I'll rochambeau you for it
:)
I'd give you the award cuz most people think penguins are cute. I don't know of anyone who thinks that fish are cute.
Ah! Rochambeau...how did I miss that earlier! Teeheheheheheheh...
I'd comment but still laughing too hard over the fish thing!!?
Post a Comment