I really don't have much to update. I've been slogging along with the knitting and working on the house some, but now we have company coming and I won't be blogging for a while longer.
In any case, here's something I have done lately. It's not terribly exciting, or even done for that matter, but it was kinda fun to do.
I turned this...
Into this...so far.
I was driving past one of those permanent yard sales, you know the kind where it isn't a legitimate business but they never take it down? Well, it caught my eye. I thought it would make a good little sewing table and for the time being, a change table, as our company includes an adorable little one year old. Anyway, it was ten bucks! Not too shabby. It is a little more done than this at the moment, as I have pretty much the whole thing sanded, including the drawer fronts. I think I may just leave it as is and put a coat or two of polyurathane on it. For ten bucks, you pretty much can't go wrong, even if all you did was set fire to it. That would probably be fun too.
So I'm out for now kiddies. See you in a week or two and to all my fellow Canuck readers, have a great Thanksgiving weekend!
Until later...
3 comments:
Enjoy your company. You will be missed. The desk is looking good!
hi ... I enjoyed meeting you at Knit Nite and hope you are able to come again soon. That hat really inpisred me ... reverable, and double knitting - now I am going to have to do some research! too cool!
see you soon!
Heather
Popping in to say hi, too! Hope you come on out again next week. I keep having horror visions of me being the only one there....
Post a Comment