Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Paper or Cotton? Or a clock?

I just remembered that today is my two year blogiversary. What is a traditional 2nd blogiversary gift? Also, we've been in our house officially one year today. Well, 'in' is a fairly loose term at this point, but we're getting close! Anyhoo, some milestones.

I know it's proper to conduct a contest on one's blogiversary but, uh, no. Not gonna. Thing is, I have no idea how I'd craft one or what it would be about or have to do with (though placing bets on a move in date into the house portion of our property would be quite fitting I think), nor do I know what I would give away as prizes. I have no stash worthy of giving away, and besides, if I did, I'm keeping it for myself!

So here's a little something for everyone. Just wanted to say a very heartfelt and sincere thanks to any and everyone who stops by, be it regularly or every so often to check in on what's going on in my little life. This blog thing greatly amuses me, and I hope it does the same for you. Hope y'all stick around for as long as I decide to.

To go along with that, a little random nonsense. I've been plagued with this for the last week or so. Every once in a while, I wake up with some ridiculous and obscure song that has bubbled up from deep within my subconscious. I share it with you now, hoping that will haunt you as it has haunted me. Clearly an indication that I started watching far too much television at far too young an age. Enjoy.


I had hoped to find the video intro to the show, but this was the best I could do.

Update: FOUND IT!



Until later...

6 comments:

Heddy said...

I loved Andy Travis on that show (with his tight jeans and khakhis (sp?) ... and fluffy farrah hairdo! And I a;awys dreamed of living the life they were livin' on the air in Cincinnati (sp?), Cincinnati WKRP (and actually ... at work, a lot of people tell me I should cordon off my "office" with tape just like Les Nesman) -- remember the Thanksgiving episode? free turkeys, set loose from the helicopter over the city ...LOL! I am giggling here thinking about it.

lexa said...

Blogger ate my comment...

I used to love Venus Flytrap and Dr. Johnny Fever. (I think I got that right.) It was the names that got me. I used to love that show when I was a kid.

I meant to comment last post on the pictures thing. I'm always grabbing my camera to take pictures for the blog. Sometimes it's rather strange stuff. First thing T says, "You're not taking a picture of THAT for your blog, are you? You gotta get a life."

Anonymous said...

I know that show! Congratulations - two anniversaries to be very pleased about. Big Hug!

Donna M said...

Congrats on your house anniversary and your 2 year blogiversary!

Talk about a blast from the past. That was one of my all time favourite comedies!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 2 year blogiversary and 1 year of home ownership! Good luck with getting moved into the main house soon.

lexa said...

What book is that pattern from again? I've been looking through them all here today, but I can't find it. I did find a different one that I like. I may make one for my mother for Christmas. (Wishful thinking, probably!) I'd also like to make one for MIL and step-FIL. Anyhoo, shoot me a comment or an e-mail if you would. I really loved the one you made.

(PS -- If you have caller ID, I did call from the store today to ask you.)