I finished up the first sock of my first pair for Summer of Socks '08 and got started on the other. I so heart this yarn. I've said it before yes, but I just can't stress it enough. Seems to me that I'm going to have to get used to this particular perspective of my feet and legs, which make me look really tall with ginormous calves. Only one of the prior is true (I'm actually 11 feet tall).
Love the pattern, am giving short row heels a time out at the moment (afterthought heel on this pair) after our little mishap the other night. Spent an hour fiddling with it only to not have it work out in the end (waaay too many sts after decreasing). What gives? Am I making the whole short row heel thing too complicated? It just seems so incredibly piddly to me. Not straight forward. Maybe it's just still something that I don't entirely 'get' yet. Sometimes things have to marinate a while before the flavour really gets in there. And I'll have to take these outside for the final photo so that you can really appreciate the colour of this yarn. Even without the flash, just the 6 am sunlight streaming in, it looks washed out.
Yes, I'm blogging at 6 am. Shift work can be a b*&ch...for both people. Even though he's off for a couple of days, the constable still seems to be in night shift mode and came to bed at 5am. Which woke me up, to the tune of pre dawn light and talkative birds. Which sealed my fate. I tried to get back to sleep for about 45 mins. and then threw in the towel. Just gives me more time to get more stuff done I suppose. I fell asleep on the couch at like 9:30 last night anyway, so I'd met my sleep quota for the night. The dog though...he's all messed up. I kicked him out of the bedroom last night so I could close the door (his head was in the way...yes, the apartment is that small) so he hung out with the hubs while he played video games. Hank was quite excited to finally be going back to bed when I decided to get up. As I was walking around, getting the coffee ready, he more than once grabbed his stuffed dog Roscoe and made moves back towards the bedroom, looking at me with pleading eyes. He finally settled on sleeping near the sofa. He does this big grumbly-sigh type of noise when he's particularly tired. It's freakin' adorable.
Anyhoo, I should really get crackin'. The day is a-wastin! It's already 7 am!
Until later...
2 comments:
You are an early bird.
Hope you make it tonight. I am dying to see your socks!
I wondered what the heck you were up so early for when I saw your Ravelry comment.
I love those socks, that color is gorgeous. I love green of all kinds of shades. I only have the little hat left to make for the baby set, then I can concentrate on socks again! Sucks that the pair I started for Ma won't count for SOS.
Post a Comment