-I'm 10 wks. 6 days along
-Yes, What to Expect When You're Expecting is the scariest book I've read since Stephen King's IT. I've put it aside for a while and will consult when necessary. I'm of the opinion that a little (and I do mean a very little) 'ignorance is bliss' is helpful in this condition.
-A couple of you made me crave burgers with bacon and slices of pizza.
Now here is some stuff I made for people that I couldn't show you until I had given it away.
This was for some friends back home expecting in October. The dad-guy I've known since, well, even before high school I guess and he's quite the Detroit Tigers baseball fan, so I conjured up this little chart (all by myself!!) and knit the tiniest sweater ever. I chose Lanett Superwash, which I have to say I'm a big big fan of. They know they're expecting a boy, so it's all good. I would've knit this regardless though. With the orange onesie (the other Tigers colour), the little hat and the Robeez baseball shoes, it was just to die for. My favourite part? The baseball buttons.
This was my BFF Carrie's wedding present, which she received while I was home for vacay, just shy of her second wedding anniversary. I started it in April of '07, well after she was wed and would likely still have it stuffed in a bag, haunting me from some deep dark recess if it were not for the gracious and unselfish help of one of my knitting compatriots who kicked this project in the arse by knitting nine of the remaining twelve squares for me. I'm forever in her debt. I think I finished it around April or May of '08.
Knit from Patons Decor in Aran and Sand Castle variegated, I think it turned out quite lovely. I was pleased with the result and I think Carrie was too. And Carrie? I don't know if we were actually competing to see who would be done first, but I seem to recall that there was mention of a quilt at some point. I'm still waiting. Oh and neener neener, I win. (love you!!)
And that was the sum total, with the exception of some socks, of my spring knitting. At present, I seem to be suffering some burn out. I have a few things on the go, none of which are really capturing me. I sit in front of the tv all fidgety and bored, thinking 'I really should grab some knitting' and then four hours later I just go to bed. Not even my new WHOLE BAG of Rowan baby cashsoft DK or the other WHOLE BAG (bought super cheap online...thank you Heddy) of Debbie Bliss alpaca silk DK is doing it for me (though I do have a project in mind for it). Not sure what the cure is for this. Patience I suppose.
Anyhow, time to graze. Until later...
6 comments:
You should really be thinking baby knits, y'know! We'll have to have a Knit Nite shower for you when you're closer to your due date. We'll all have to knit the baby something. (I am for sure!)
By the way that is the cutest little baby gift ever! I'm sure your friend loved it! Oh, and the blanket!!!! Wow, I would never have the determination to finish a blanket like that, it's amazing!!!
Just a note about babies. I don't know if you have found out about www.babycenter.ca yet, but I just wanted to suggest checking it out. There is lots of great info and you can get weekly updates of how you and the baby are developping. It's lots of fun. They also have a pregnancy, week by week book. I bought it and find it really help full and not scary at all :) Good luck with everything.
You know, in both my pregnancies I lost the will to knit until after the first trimester was over. It did come back though!
My parenting site recommendation would be the discussion forums at mothering.com. Although you need to be crunchy, or at least a little bit granola! Breastfeeding, cloth diapers, midwife births, natural remedies, that sort of thing.
The afghan is beautiful. I would love to make one for a wedding gift for my niece or my son. Can you share the pattern or where to find the pattern?
You may want to do some reading on Nova Knitter's daughter's blog. http://acraftymomsblog.blogspot.com
She has lots of informative stuff on her blog. She's kinda changed it over the last few months to be an informative place about babies/kids stuff. Plus Nova Knitter herself was a baby nurse for many years, wasn't she?
All I can say is it's not that bad. When I had the Oldest One all during the labour I thought, "Never again! T will NEVER do this to me again!" When he was born, though, and you've got that wiggly, screaming little bundle in your arms it's like, "I could handle it again." Just remember -- it's a passing pain, it will go away, it won't be forever. 10cm and I can push. I kept telling myself this over and over again with the Littlest One, and things flew by miles faster!
what? uh, I ... WHAT?! I popped in a few days ago and saw the lovely sunflower pics, then I don't come over for a few days and there's a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT?! Okay, i have to go read the rest of the posts now ... (but CONGRATULATIONS!!)
Post a Comment