Tis the season for skulls. I've been stealth knitting, furiously, which makes for poor blog fodder when you can't reveal what you've been working on. I did take time out to crank these off the needles though, and as they are timely and appropriate, so they are posted. Plus, I've been going through a phase at the moment where I feel utterly boring and blaseh, so I just don't feel as though I have anything to talk about. Bleh.
Booties: Patons Kroy in black and white, Zoe Mellor's Star Booties pattern from 50 Baby Booties to Knit with my own skull chart.
I think this whole nesting phenomena might be rearing it's head in my direction, or at the very least, giving me a sideways glance. I've had the urge to organize and clean, which, while not totally out of character, has spurred me into quicker action than usual. I can usually convince the instinct to take a backseat while knitting takes shotgun. And also, I've been baking. Which I've always enjoyed, but it just seems to me as though there is an urgent need for baked goods to be in the house...at all times. We devoured the chocolate chip cookies in record time (yes we, not just me) and, well, the house has just felt empty ever since.
Anyhow, my point. I was tidying up the craft room, finally saying goodbye to things I just no longer desire to have in my space and in going through my 'tester tote' (a bin full of stuff that I've just tried out or swatched etc.) I found this skully dog sweater. As this clearly will not fit Hank, nor any other dog in my immediate family, I've got the perfect person/dog combo in mind and I hope she gets a huge kick out of it. Not sure why the teeth are so long though.
I also found this in the bin, a knitted bib I made over two years ago. It was intended for our neice, but when I was finished with the knitting of it, I thought it was rather ugly. Not sure why. I mean, it's still not terribly attractive to my eye, but then again it is from a time before I realized I was purling incorrectly. So all the stitches are twisted. But whatever. So I grabbed a crochet hook and some white Bernat cottontots (which is what it was knit out of originally), did a simple crochet edging and ta da, insta-bib. Gotta love that. The colour doesn't really show up on the photo, but it's a pretty purple. I'm calling it burple.
And that's pretty much all I can talk about at present. I've been doing a little sewing for myself too, so I'll post about that later. For now, stay in doors for heavens sake...it's miserable out there. And have a Happy Halloween.
4 comments:
I was so excited to see you had blogged - I'd missed you and all the FOs you seemingly just crank out! Fast knitter!
Very seasonal FOs (and Burple cracks me up - you know I love a pun - the cornier the better!). The skull booties are adorable and the doggie coat is sweet -- will it fit the Jack Russell living in Ontario (his name is gone from my memory)?
Seeing your colourwork, I am envious and really have to learn how to do colourwork without holes or puckers -- yours looks so smooth and unholey (unholy? meh - guess it depends on who/what it is being used for!)
See you Friday a.m. - I should be there by 9 a.m.
(FYI -- my word verification word was "Yonsts" which I am reading as olde english "yonder stitiches" and giggling at blogger!)
I too am excited to see life here at the blog. I fully expect there to be live reporting from the above alluded to workshop - you too Heddy!
Love the skulls, you know my baby could wear skulls if they were on bootees.
:)
Gotta love the skulls! Bibs no matter what color/style/etc always come in super handy.
I love the Burple! Maybe you can join the YH and invent a new word!
Post a Comment