One of the things that had me in a bit of a tizzy was a sick computer. It had contracted some sort of virus, a rather recent one so I am told, which encrypted all of my photo files and hid them away somewhere. This was mildly devastating, as I, like most of you I'm sure, have a lot of photos on my computer. That's pretty much what the laptop is...a photo storage device. There was some redundancy built in, I had a lot of them uploaded online and about a year ago, had put a lot on disc. But of course there have been quite a few photos taken since then. Anyhow, long story short, the computer guy that came over today managed to find my photos and put them back where they belong and tomorrow I'm putting every single one of them on a disc, whether I truly value them or not. So that's a relief.
Speaking of photos, here's one of our Christmas tree. First official family Christmas tree in the new digs. It's real, which I haven't had for years, and really, there's nothing like that smell. I'm quite pleased with it, and I gotta say, living next door to the Christmas tree capital of the world has it's privileges. Sorry, but you can't get a tree this nice back in ye olde Ontario for $20.00. And it's so nice and full you can't see the trunk. Anyhow, it's exceedingly difficult to take a picture of a Christmas tree either a) lit up or b) so that you get a real sense of what the decorations look like. This was the best I could do. And it's the only time you're likely to see the blue tulle garland. At night, it's completely invisible. I thought it might show up with the lights, but well, it doesn't. At least I know it's there. Guess that's all that matters.
Here's someone else who seems to approve of the tree. There's been no issues with him and the new livingroom fixture whatsoever. He's not a leg-lifter, so that wasn't a concern. If anything, we thought he might be obsessed with sniffing the tree, as he's a huge fan of pine scent. I'm not kidding. I take him to Pine Grove, a nice little nature trail not far from here, and every two steps he's got to stop and inhale. When we first brought the tree in he seemed a wee bit confused by the whole bringing the outdoors into the house. I suppose that would be a bit counter-intuitive to a dog. But other than him grazing it with his back every time he walks by, he pretty much ignores it altogether. He's always been good like that; never one to get into things and chew.
Knitting has been slow. I feel like I'm back in the first trimester again where getting my brain into pattern reading mode is a challenge I'd rather exchange for sitting like a lump in front of the television. I have started a dainty pink sweater for you know who, so I'll post about that in a day or so when there's a little more progress.
For now though, I'm going to go into lump mode until it's time for sleep mode. Until later...
3 comments:
I'll be hoping on the lump mode band wagon in just a few myself!
Jewel seemed half scared when we brought our tree in. Maggie couldn't give a toss. They don't really bother it, give it a sniff now and then. However, they do run into in when playing, and wagging tails (mainly Jewel's big bushy tail) have knocked off some ornaments. Most of the breakables are up high, especially the ones I painted, but they have broken two old glass ornaments that were my grandmother's. :(
So good to hear from you..keep up that resting when you can. What a good dog and big brother you will be, Hank.
I can't wait to see that little pink sweater for that little sweetie pie.
If you don't hear from me before Christmas, I wish you, the Constable, Hank and the wee one much joy.
Happy Christmas! Stay warm...and darn it all, you have to stay away from the glog, grog, punch or however you spell those lovely holiday drinks. I will have one or two for you!
Post a Comment