Sunday, January 04, 2009

With Great Difficulty...

**Thank you to everyone for your comments and best wishes on the Jeep rollover post. You're a thoughtful bunch, you are. I passed along your thoughts to the constable and he was quite appreciative.**

That phrase would best describe my ability to engage in most activites of late. Particularly knitting. I seem to have developed pregnancy related carpal tunnel, and in addition to my hands swelling at times (mostly in the morning) my fingertips tend to go numb and my finger joints won't co-operate. It doesn't stop me from knitting entirely, but it does hold up the process quite a bit. Especially when I still have quite a few things I'd like to finish before Pinta Bean arrives. Ah well.


Classic Cardigan from Top Down for Toddlers by Linda and Deb Gemmell, Bernat Jr. Jacquards in Big Deal Teal size 1 year.

I did finish the top down cardigan though. I think it's sweet. I spent most of the day yesterday hunting down a sleeve of white buttons that I knew I had but could not find. It drove me nuts. Finally found them and there were only four instead of the five I needed and thought I had. Thankfully, I had these pink ones in my button stash. Kismit.



In addition to the yarn for the cardi, this is the sum total of my knitty Chritmas booty. The Yarn Harlot book was a gift from the constable and he had intended to include the Never Not Knitting page-a-day calendar, which was in stock when he ordered it. Then he was informed by the almighty Amazon that they wouldn't be able to send it with his order. Huh? Anyhow, there isn't one to be found online as of this morning. Weird. Cool that it's sold out, but sucky for me. I picked up the pattern guides myself after cashing in some Sears points for an Amazon gift cert. The yarn, buttons and the Jean Greenhowe Christmas pattern book were also a gift from me to me picked up at Have a Yarn the day after the constable's rollover. It was the calm me down purchase...hehehe. More Tanis there, this time in Buttercup. Not sure what I'll do with it, but I've been covetting it for a while now. I think I'm well on my way to amassing the entire collection.



And what I'm working on now. Another Cabin Fever pattern, this time the Whale of a Tail hat in Patons Classic Wool. Not sure who it's going to be for yet.

That's about it. The Jeep situation has been resolved and now the negotiations (between the two of us and then the dealerships) begin over if, when or what kind of new vehicle might be in our future. Meh. Not my most favourite thing to spend money on.

Until later...

6 comments:

lexa said...

I had the carpal tunnel thing, too, when I was pregnant. I have it now, but back then it only bothered me in the last three months or so, due to fluid build up according to the doctors. I kinda worry now, cuz my hands go numb all the time, knitting, on the computer, writing, anything. Every morning when I get up they're like that, too. I'm sure yours will pass once little Pinta is here!

ellen said...

Sorry about the hands and fingers! That is no fun. Have you tried those stretchy type fingerless gloves? I had trouble a while back ago with arthritis flare up and wearing one made my hand much better. Most drug stores carry them and of course the dreaded WalMart.
The sweater is adorably sweet.
take care!

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

That sweater is awesome! Hope the carpal tunnel thing passes soon.

Donna M said...

The sweater is just precious!

As to the carpel tunnel thing, I was also going to suggest the stretchy glove thing they use for arthritis.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet little sweater. Yeah, I don't enjoy shopping for vehicles either the same as I don't like spending money on things like shingling the roof(we did both of those things last year). There are so many more fun things to spend money on!

Anonymous said...

That sweater kicks ass. I think the pink buttons are a great fit - white may have got lost.

Numb finger tips does not sound good. Sounds as if you are going to have to *gasp* lay off the knitting.

Perhaps you could do some sewing instead? Not the same kinds of movements required.