Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Done Like Dinner...

35 wks. along and only 35 days left...huh.


Seamless Baby Kimono by Jacki Kelly; Lana Gatto Prestige cashmere in soft pink; started Jan. 28/09, finished Feb. 1/09: Baby Bonnet made of the same yarn...heavily improvised from a bonnet pattern I have on hand, started and finished Feb. 2/09.

Well, I think I may have finally done it. I may have knit myself completely out of commission. I was quite enjoying working on this little kimono and so knit on it steadily. Then became obsessed with the bonnet and pretty much knit it in one sitting. My hands have been paying the price ever since. They're screaming, day and night. I didn't knit a stitch yesterday, hoping it might calm them down but no such luck. They're actually so sore and numb that they are waking me up at night now. So this little outfit may very well be the last baby item I knit before miss Pinta arrives. Which, to be truthful, is okay by me. Sure, there are lots of lovely little things I have planned, but I think this sweet set is the one I'll bring her home in, so if I must stop, then this seems like a good place to do so.

I really wanted to wait and blog about them once the bonnet was blocked and trimmed with a pretty ribbon tie, but yesterday was the pits weather wise and I honestly don't see myself making my way out there today either to get what I need. I seem to be having a hard enough time navigating my own kitchen at times, forever tripping on the dog's rawhide which magically appears right under my feet, no matter where I seem to step. Seems as though I can't even see Roscoe anymore, Hanks large-enough-not-to-miss stuffed buddy. I miss seeing my feet, I really do.

I am also working on a little hooded cardi as well, which is at the sleeves but was abandoned in favour of knitting with cashmere, as the cardi is acrylic. It's okay for a while, then I just need to play with some natural fibre. If my hands feel any better in a day or so, I might pick that back up again and give it a go. But for now, even typing is irritating so I'll take my leave. Until later...

4 comments:

Donna M said...

What a dear little set and so sweet to bring her home in!
Take care of your hands. You're going to really need them in 35 days!

lexa said...

It's a very cute set, perfect to bring her home in!

Yes, give those hands a rest. Mine were like that with the first one. They were totally numb from carpal tunnel and fluid buildup the last few months. Not so bad the second time around.

Sue said...

Oh they are just adorable. I always get sore arms and hands if I knit for too much in one day. It takes about 3 days to settle down the pain at night time too.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet set. Hang in there Andrea, you are in the home stretch. You've done so well this far, just a little further to go.

Rest is not optional - ok?!