Friday, February 20, 2009

Overwhelmed...



We now have a new laundry category at our house. There's whites, darks, colours and now, pink. Man I hope the UC Baby ultrasound tech didn't screw this one up and the baby ends up coming out a boy, cuz, well, it'll be one pinkly-dressed little man.

Seriously, the generosity of people just overwhelms me sometimes. I took this last night to send to my mom, the sum total of both of my baby showers and I thought I would share it with you guys. What a lucky little baby.

Wednesday night my Knit Nite ladies threw me the loveliest little potluck supper and shower. The pink tulips you see in the photo were courtesy of my host, Nova Knitter. I can't stop admiring them, as they bring a much needed burst of spring into this never ending winter (tenth snow storm of the season hit yesterday and stupid me didn't go out the day before for groceries. Made the constable come with me in the driving snow and rain yesterday. I think he might hate me just the tiniest bit).



Since this is primarily a knitting blog, here is just the knitted items I received. And since I also take fairly lousy pics, check out their blogs individually for better photos and descriptions; Heddy, Nova Knitter and Lexa (can't seem to isolate specific posts, but the most current one has the little purple tunic/dress...she also knit me a lovely baby blanket which I'm she'll get around to posting about as well :) )



And from the blog-free among our little group. I won't mention their names since I'm not sure if they want to be talked about online, but the felted booties came from one, the bolero and washcloths another and the little lovey toy and pink hat a third fellow Knitterpudlian.

Really, I'm rendered quite speechless. I'm in love with every single thing and seriously can't wait to use or play with or dress my little Pinta in her stuff :) I seemed to be on a bit of a high yesterday after the orgy of gift receiving and when at the Superstore, had a bit of a falling down at the bargain bin of shoes. I'd show a pic of that but the camera done died last night after the photo shoot and the battery needs charging. But lets see, I did acquire, um, five new pairs of shoes and one pair of slippers (not to mention four pair of mitts/gloves that won't fit her for YEARS). Everything was a dollar to two dollars. See, I'm really saving money in the long run. Thinking ahead. Okay, way ahead.

Anyhow, I'm very blessed to have such thoughtful people in my life. Today I'm hoping to get everything organized and put away in little miss' room, which will also be lots of fun for me. I love just being in there puttering around.

By the way, if anyone is in need of a gift bag or tissue paper for a baby girl's baby shower, look no further. I can totally hook you up.

Until later...

3 comments:

Donna M said...

So pleased you enjoyed your shower despite your stuffy head cold!

PB is going to be the best dressed babe in town!

lexa said...

Look at all the goodies assembled together! You'll change her ten times a day regardless if she needs it or not, just to try the different outfits. :)

Heddy said...

It has been nice having you in our community .. you fit right in!

Wow .. when you put all the knitting together like that - sure looks impressive! And those are only the knitted gifts, not what you have made for Pinta too! that shild will be so snuggly warm in all her warm knitted outfits, and clean with her cotton cloths!

FYI - I dropped a cd of your pics off o your hubbys place of work today ... if you like any of the shower shots, please feel free to use them - I will waive my royalty ;)