Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Four...


One month already. Sheesh. And changing every day. Doesn't look much like a one month old though does she? Her hair is actually growing I think. So weird. As a friend of mine said the other day, she'll be in pigtails by six months.

Lacy Baby Sweater from Patons booklet Little Wonders...I think. Patons or Bernat baby yarn too.

Can't blog about the baby without showing her in some hand knits. This was a little matinee coat that I knit for our niece K when she was wee and is now on loan to A for the time being. I didn't think it would fit at all, but even though the arms are a little short, not too shabby. Helps stave off the early spring chill anyway.

I think the pattern for these came from 50 Baby Booties to Knit by Zoe Mellor

I knit these booties to go with the sweater, even though they don't share the same lace motif. Her toes are right at the end too. I don't know much about babies and their sizing, but she seems to have long feet to me.

Chevron Lace Socks from the Better Than Booties Baby Socks by Ann Budd/Interweave Knits; Fortissima Socka yarn, actually a nice pink, not that orangey-pink in the photo.

I seem to be on an unintentional sock jag with my knitting lately. I might gift these, I'm not sure yet. They turned out much bigger than I thought they were going to. From heel to toe is about 4 inches, which is what my niece was wearing at about a year old. Anyhow, the pattern is very simple and easy to memorize, so the sock knits up very quickly. Very cute. I like. Like the yarn too. It was an impulse/sale purchase a while back.

And that's all she wrote for today. Weather is lousy so no guilt for being lazy ;^)

Until later...

7 comments:

lexa said...

I still can't get over all that hair. :)

Donna M said...

The curls this week are just delicious!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful baby!

Cali said...

look at that hair! Is she ever cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Its irrefutable that is a yummy scrummy baby you have there!

Also, those socks are sweet. I like that they are not super busy looking.

Heddy said...

she's sooo cute -- I love the picture with all the curls (she looks very mature in it! Thanks for showing us pictures every week, I really do enjoy them

Frieda said...

She's just adorable , those curls are unbelievable !