Oh the poor thing. Only three weeks in and already subjected to numerous photo shoots just so that I can show off my knitting. I find that when you catch her just as she is waking up from a nap, her resistance is very low.
Little Miss is staying awake a little longer these days, though I'm sure hardly anyone who has met her would believe me. She's being more alert and starting to look around and focus on stuff, even the books I was reading to her just the other day. She actually followed my finger from page to page. I swear. And I kid you not, we were very very close to a little giggle this morning. At the very least, I was getting really big smiles when I was blowing raspberries at her to keep her entertained while I dressed her for the day (doesn't much care for the whole changing of outfits thing).
Had another doctors appt. today cuz she hadn't gained much at her last check-up, but today we got all kinds of kudos for tipping the scales in the right direction. So she's doin' just dandy. Mom is still a wee bit tired, which is starting to get frustrating. I don't think wanting to go for a nice long walk on this sunny day is too big an expectation, but I'm still feeling a little bruised and battered, so on the chaise we'll stay again today. The Pinta likes to either nap in my lap or at my side, which I'm totally okay with, cuz hey, do I have anything more important to do than hang out with my bebe? Nope.
All of this sitting and staring longingly, either at the baby or outside, has produced a flurry of knitting of late. I've seemed to have recovered my mojo a bit, which is a nice feeling. Finished sock one of the Blackrose pair and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Looking forward to finishing the second one.
My family doc is expecting her first baby in the summer, so I thought I would whip these up as a little gift. I had been knitting some baby socks of my own in the waiting room during one of my early pre-natal visits, and both my doc and the receptionist seemed to get a big kick out of them. I'm hoping to sew up a couple of bibs to include in the gift as well.
This has been in my WIP pile for quite some time. I don't remember when I started it, but I became disenchanted with it very quickly, probably because it's acrylic and much of the other stuff I knit for A was knit using really nice yarn; cashmere, Debbie Bliss yarns, Tanis. Anyhow, this was more of a stash busting project than anything else I think, and every time I log onto my Ravelry page, it's there, mocking me, taunting me. I had one whole ball of this stuff and figured I could get a good bumming around cardi out of it, so I finally picked it up again and am now almost finished. Just the button bands and collar left to do. It is supposed to have a hood, but I don't have enough yarn for that and I'm not going out to buy another ball of this stuff. It's cute, but the sweater is just...meh. Kinda stiff really. Maybe a washing will help it out.
Anyhoo, my eyelids feel like a tonne of bricks, so I'd best fit in a small nap while I can. Until later...
4 comments:
What a lovely little model you have! Glad to hear she is gaining weight and you are all doing fine!
Great job on the knitting!
My word verification is Blekie. I always wondered how to spell it!
Modelling at such a young age, lol!
I'm surprised that the Softee Baby feels stiff. That stuff is usually quite soft for acrylic.
It doesn't take long to loose the love/like for cheaper yarns. Way back when all I used was department store kind of yarns cuz that's all that was available in town. Now there's road trips, on-line yarn shops, etc. I still use some of the cheaper yarns, but I definitely lean away from acrylics now. Depends on what its purpose is, and especially if I know it's going to someone who won't follow washing instructions then I go cheap. :)
PS You need a shot of the kids together. ie Hank and A
yummy knitting + scrumptious baby = perfect post!
heh heh ! duckie feets ... soo cute!She's very cute and so glad she's a cooperative model, mostly, for the knitwear you've made her(fun to see her!)
Post a Comment