Thursday, July 02, 2009

His and Hers Crafts...

So I've been working on a few things that I can't quite reveal just yet but I assure you they are cute and were fun to knit. Satisfied? Didn't think so.



So I'll show off the constable's latest completed project. Work on the house continues but not quite at the frenzied pace of the past. Completing this built in shelving unit was one of his main goals during his parental leave, besides bonding with and helping to take care of the offspring of course. I'm so bloody impressed with how this turned out, it just makes me smile every time I walk by or into the living room. It's exactly how I envisioned it. I'm not quite done with filling the shelves, but it's coming along.



Also in crafts, I've been quite enamoured with crochet again. I'm still churning out bibs like nobody's business, have recently picked up the Babette again to play around and just last night/this morning, cranked out this little gem of a pattern. Summer Coaster Set by Chicken Betty (link to her blog where you can find pattern details...you can also find her and the pattern on Ravelry).



Way way way too cute and easy enough for a beginner like myself to finish up in no time flat. With all the bibs I've been doing, I've got quite a collection of cotton scraps now, and this is a perfect way to use them up. And I'm envisioning them being great little gifts. I can't quite decide what tickles my fancy more; the coasters themselves or the little basket that they stay in. Love.

Why have I forsaken knitting for crochet for the time being? Well, it's fast. Super fast. When the urge to craft comes on and you just gotta complete something before a certain someone wakes up, it's crochet all the way. Now that it's getting a little easier and faster, I'm hoping that the Babette Blanket will progress. I'm seeing it in my minds eye as a really sweet little blanket. Perhaps I can actually finish it before little A is a teenager. But for now I'm going to raid the stash and make more coasters. They're addictive...but in a good way!

Until later...

3 comments:

Donna M said...

Your shelving looks lovely! I can see why you would be pleased!

The coasters are a great way to use up all your scraps and give you that immediate gratification we sometimes need!

lexa said...

Got an order with 15 colors of Handicrafter that will probably be here the week after next. Hopefully you've got enough to keep you help over til then. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh those coasters ARE great! They would make awesome gifts (says the person who is already starting to think about Christmas time crafting).

Oh and that shelf - to die for! AND it increases the value of your house. I know b/c I get HGTV now and all the shows say so.