Friday, August 14, 2009

How to measure a road trip...



Somewhere outside of Montreal, Wednesday afternoon. Yarn cake exploded into futzy tangled mess. Seriously considering giving up this knitting gig forever.



Somewhere just outside of Edmunston, NB Thursday morning. Yarn had been detangled and re-balled during Montreal traffic at mid-day. Good distraction. And yes, I'm wearing the same pants two days in a row. What does it matter when you're stuck in the van, doing little else than collecting Hank fur and baby grossness?



Truro-ish? Thursday afternoon. After three days in the car, things start to blur together a little bit (no photo's of the Ontario leg of the drive, which was Tues.)



Liverpool, Thursday evening. That's how you measure a road trip in yarn.



This is how you measure it in weeds. Yeah, we've been gone a while. Still so glad to be home though.

Until later...

3 comments:

Donna M said...

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! The sock looks great despite all the issues! Love the colour!

We look forward to hearing all about your trip at KN!

Heddy said...

welcome home (cute sock too ... good progress from Montreal to home!)

I cna't wait to hear about your adventures! And see how much little Miss A has grown!

lexa said...

I bumped into your Hubs last night at the grocery store. He said you'd just gotten back.

When we went to Alberta two summers ago we were gone for three weeks and a couple of days. The guy that mowed Ma's lawn was supposed to do mine, and he didn't at all, so I had a jungle to deal with upon returning.

Oh, yes -- if you mention that "giving up knitting forever thing" or whatever it was around the Knitterpudlians I should warn you that you'll probably get a slap upside the head. :)

Hope to see you at Knit Nite! It was fun last week, there were seven of us there. Good times!