I realize that the blog has lately (as in the last four months) been over run by a certain someone, and this is why. No time, no brain power...lots of desire, but that's about it. I started a pair of Hederas in Tanis yarn, Grape colourway, right before we hit the road and they went downhill very, very quickly. It's a four round repeat and I COULD NOT get it together enough to get it to the point where it just seemed to flow. I finally had a few minutes one evening to sit down and knit, picked up the sock in progress and found that I had lost my place in the midst of a needle. I could barely think straight as it was and, well, I snapped. If it's inappropriate to inflict your frustration on those around you (not the baby of course, she was long gone to bed), I see no such need to exercise restraint where ornery fibre is concerned. There is nothing wrong with this pattern, I actually find it quite lovely. It's just that, apparently, I can't knit it.
So I'm giving knitting a rest. A long one so it would seem. Here's hoping my mojo returns once back on east coast soil. Until later...
3 comments:
It IS only a 4 row repeat, but like you, I had trouble with it as well. One mistake with the YOs and you're screwed. Tink! Tink! Tink!
All will be well when you're back home in the NS air again!
When we drove to Alberta two summers ago I had all this knitting with me -- tons. I finished a pair of socks for BF on the way and made MIL a scarf for Christmas, that was it. I think I worked on a pair of ankle socks that ended up being frogged. This was over like 23 days or so -- just didn't feel like it, and once we got to her place there was too much to do. You'll get your mojo back once you get home.
the yarn is really pretty (even if it was being uncooperative in the Hedera pattern - I think it is a pretty pattern, but it gives me grief when I try to knit it)
I can't wait to see the Tanis grape as a pair of gorgeous socks ... pattern tba?
Post a Comment