Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Round Up...

Hope everyone had a nice Labour Day weekend. We did a whole lot of nothing around here at the homestead. Yesterday I spent some time in the craft room, experimenting and working on tidying up other projects. I was listening to CBC radio and heard quite an interesting piece on The Current about over parenting, something which is on my radar even moreso these days. I won't bore you with the details, other than to relay that the interview included a personal anecdote about parents who had bubble wrapped their entire hotel room while on vacation with their 3 yr. old. (Click on the link if you want to hear the interview, it's in part three called Nation of Whimps).



Since I missed last weeks photo, I'll slip one in here of A wearing a sweater I knit a while back. I wasn't that enthralled with it at the time, but sometimes the model helps bring out the cute in anything.



My sister-in-law and I went fabric shopping when I was home visiting and picked out some funky new fabric for some new sleep sacks for our respective winter babies that are rapidly outgrowing their beginner ones. This is the one that she picked out for me to sew up for her, since her hubby is big on skulls and flames. I think it's awesome. Mine is glow in the dark owls, just waiting to be sewn together.



Finished some socks...



...started some new ones.

That's about it for now. Until later...

3 comments:

Donna M said...

Cute baby, cute sweater, not 100% sure about the skull baby sack though! It might give me nightmares!

lexa said...

The sweater is sweet on her! Cool skull sack.

Heddy said...

you are so crafty! I really like the sweater on Miss A -- she really ups the cute factor of it :)

And the sleep sacks! ove them -- that skull fabric is so neat ... I have fabric similar to it with flames, but no skulls - that will be one hip babe at nappy time.