Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Saddest Fashion Show Ever...


I think fate has dealt me a cruel irony. For as much as I love handknits, my daughter really does not care for them.

I was weeding through her closet recently and decided to get a few last pictures of her in some of her precious little sweaters. The one pictured above was knit by a friend of mine, Nova Knitter and it still kinda fits in the shoulders. Makes the sweetest little 3/4 sleeve cardi. Maybe come September we'll still be able to get away with it on occassion.



Here she is upset over the fact that I'm forcing her to wear a sweater she does not want to wear, but pausing momentarily because she still likes having her picture taken.



"I don't get paid enough for this. Where is my agent?? Bring me a non-fat soy latte...and my elephant teether. NOW."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she REALLY must not like those sweaters - this is the first time I have ever seen a picture or heard a story where she's crying. Poor child. On the upside, she looks so much like you (not the crying part, just the regular pics part). Cutie!

Terri said...

Cute pics, though! Good think she doesn't have a cell phone or she'd go all Naomi on yer @ss!!

Donna M said...

Awwwwwwe! How cute even if she is not a happy model!

lexa said...

Too funny! My boys didn't seem to care for their hand knits, either, when they were little. They got to appreciate them more when they got older. They're (im)patiently waiting for new sweaters, and by the time I get around to those they'll be at the I-don't-like-knit-sweaters stage again, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

That IS a sad fashion show. It's sad for the beautiful sweaters that go unloved and it's sad for the little miss b/c the nasty sweaters made her cry.
BUT it will be funny to show this to her future husband (many, many) years from now and talk about what an ingrate she is. It's be right after the necked in the tub photos.
:)

The Ninja Knitter said...

Aww, she's so cute, even with the tears streaming down her cheeks. (Trust me, I feel your pain on the diva attitude...)

My kids are not much for sweaters anymore, but they do love the mittens and hats! So buck up, there's still hope for her.