It's been so long since I blogged that it took me a few minutes to figure out where everything was again.
So, how's it goin', eh?
It's cliche to say, but I really don't know where the last seven months have gone. I think that as fast as the first baby grows, the second baby grows that much faster, because you're too busy keeping an eye on the first and too busy talking to the first (and talking and talking and talking and TALKING! The talking never stops!!!) and too busy trying to keep up with your house that OMG, gets buried under clutter that much faster and before you know it, this second little bundle of joy has teeth and is feeding himself and babbling and you just sit and wonder how exactly is all happened.
I think about blogging a lot. But the crafting and the knitting have pretty much gone by the wayside. It's not that there isn't enough time. There are certainly a few hours every evening where I could plod along with this project or that. The real problem is that I just don't care. I'm tired. I'm spent. I just want some peace and quiet. The thought of staring blankly off into space is oftentimes more appealing than plowing through yet another pair of socks. Which I already have a drawer full of.
Not to say it doesn't happen. I knit a few things as gifts this year, and a few things for Mister Man for when he's a little older. But Miss A is still staunchly anti-knitwear so that kinda sucks the joy and the purpose out of the craft. Larger wearable items for myself just aren't in the budget. Nothing seems to be in the budget anymore except food. When in the hell did groceries get so damned expensive? I'm sure I could save a bundle if I just eliminated frivolous items from the list, like fresh produce and dairy products.
So more often than not, I find myself wanting to mommy blog. About the joys and, lets be honest, the frustrations. But I dunno...is it fair to the kids? To have a permanent record of what should be an otherwise private childhood?
I miss the blog, blogging. It felt like a conversation. Which are hard to come by these days, cooped up alone a lot of the time, just me and my mini-me's. Miss A is an exceptional conversationalist for one so wee, although the conversations tend to revolve around fairies, princesses, and bargaining to watch more movies. After a while, it gets a little predictable. We'll just pretend that there is no arguing. No, never. Not with a strong willed almost 4 year old.
Anyway, just thought I'd drop in to say we're still kickin' it here at the homestead. Hope y'all had a good holiday season and are settling in for the long haul of winter. Here's a little dose of cute from me to you, and I'll hopefully drop in again very soon. Until later...

1 comment:
Your babies are adorable! OF course you have no money or energy to keep up right now with crafting! Understandable for sure! I haven't blogged in so long but felt an urge to respond to your entry. There are so many money saving blogs out there or family blogs that you will find so useful for budgeting and raising your little ones. Check them out. Time moves on and things change. You will go back to crafting at some point. Oh, and I understand that what you feel about your daughter not being a knit wearer and your disappointment. My daughter it 26 and won't even put anything I make on my grandchildren!!! So why bother!
Post a Comment