Thursday, June 22, 2006

Empty nest syndrome...

Very little of what I make stays here. It's all destined to go out in the world and make homes elsewhere. Once I give it away, that's it, I never see ____________ (insert object here...quilts, socks, sweaters, bootees, hats, scarves) in action. So it's a real treat when someone sends me a pic. highlighting how my blood sweat and tears (lots of tears when it comes to quilting) fits into their life somehow. It's with great pleasure I present to you Don's quilt.

As with most quilting projects, I had grand plans. Birthday, Christmas, housewarming...all major events passed without my finishing this project, so when I finally sent it off, I lamely rolled all events into one. I didn't need to worry, it was well recieved.
Anyhow, thank you to Don for sending along the pic! I hope it continues to keep you cozy through many DVD's for years to come! Can I interest you in some socks this year for Christmas? (expect delivery sometime in February).

4 comments:

Marti said...

Why thank you!!

Don said...

It is good work indeed! It goes perfectly with all my stuff, which is surprising since you've never actually seen my place. Anyway, thanks again! It's perfect!

--Don

P.S. I think I'll pass on the Christmas socks, but thanks. Have you ever made a men's kimono? Now THAT'S something I'd wear . . .

Marti said...

No, never made a men's KNITTED kimono, but I do have a pattern here for a really uptight looking sweater from the 60's, accompanied by 100% virgin wool that's nice and itchy...interested?

Don said...

You mean the sweater Leonard Nimoy is wearing in your previous post? Thanks but no thanks!