Thursday, October 12, 2006

Crafts in Action...

I cannot find the damn software for the damn camera so I cannot upload my damn pictures of my damn crafts. Dammit. Why in the world did we have to move???!!! Moving ruined the delicate balance and chaotic order I had once created for myself. I knew where everything was and the peace of mind that brought me was priceless. I swear, though I have never been officially diagnosed, that I have the slightest touch of OCD. To illustrate, I went to visit a friend of mine, a bachelor friend of mine, over the Thanksgiving weekend (here in CDN at least it was Thanksgiving). His kitchen cupboards were a complete mess, despite the fact that he has very little to fill them. So I organized them. I had to, simply had to. I would not have been able to do anything else with any sort of focus, because those cupboards would have driven me to distraction. Afterwards, I felt much better. Then had to apologise for my own unique brand of neurosis.
So to bring this blog back around to crafts for a moment, I'm providing you with some pics of my crafts in action. Adorable pics that I've stolen off of my brother and sister-in-laws website. Hope they don't mind.

Nothing makes a crafter happier than to see that the products that she has lovingly worked on for countless hours being put to use. Here we have wee Kara wearing the lovely little lacy sweater that I knit for her. I was so proud of this sweater! She's also laying on a flannel blankie and you can see a corner of the quilt I made for her peaking out there! She's so cute! (really, the baby is more interesting than the crafts will ever be, but just indulge me here for a moment).

Here we have another reversible flannel blankie, with Kara lookin' all cozy.

This is my absolute favourite! She really looks like she watching tv! (and she's wearing another sweater that I knit for her).

And this is the reason I craft all that stuff for her.
Until later...

1 comment:

ChickenBetty said...

That last face is killa cute!
Hey, chickens. Ya got a color palette in mind - I'll custome make ya one - no shipping! Let me know, I'll float ya some fabric choices - email me.