Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Life is a buffet...

If the moon is made of cheese and little girls are made of sugar and spice, then I'm of the opinion that the ocean is made of beer. It may look blue to you and I, but get up close and it's the colour of a yummy amber lager. It's very weird. As the waves crash against the beach, this bizarre foam is churned up and covers the sand as the water retreats. Therefore, colour plus foam equals beer. 'Nuff said.

It's day three of the great storm here on the south shore and at least the rain and the wind have settled down a bit, althought the waves are still providing a nice constant roar to soundtrack my day here at the leak house. That's slowed down a bit as well, but not without making the hole in the ceiling over the eating area a little bigger. This better not be coming out of our damage deposit. I take no responsibility for faulty construction.

So you may have noticed that the blog got a bit of a facelift. Time for a fresh look I thought. The other template was looking a little tired. And this just seems easier to read somehow. I must be getting older, as print looks smaller and smaller all the time.

I said in my last post that I would be getting back to blogging about crafting, and I will. I'm just waiting for a nice day to take some photos so I can compete with all the other bloggers out there. I could take my usually craptastic pics, but I'm endeavouring to improve myself. I've been informed however that the next nice day may not come until June. Que sera sera. Leave the stifling humidity of Ontario for the rainy days of the Atlantic. I hear the autumns out here are stunning though.

Anyhow, just popped in to say hey. I'm going a bit batty out here all by myself all day long for days at a time with no vehicle. I'm anxious to move closer to town. Soon hopefully.

Until later..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the face lift! Had to check to make sure it was the right place though.

maybe you could knit a fish net and combine a current hobby with a new one?

Marti said...

You must be joking, correct? Me, fishing?