So, whaddya think? D'ya like the colour or what?
It's called A Touch of Ice and I love it! It looks super fantastic in the kitchen and it even brings out the blue in the countertop, although the effect is not enough for me to want to keep it. I'm hoping we'll replace it before too long. In any case, I'd say the painting of the kitchen is pretty much done. I can't decide whether I want to paint the ceiling or not. I did in the bathroom (photos to follow) and really really like it, so I'm tempted to carry it through to the kitchen. That, and I've already hit the ceiling a bunch of times with the blue paint, so why not just keep going?
Along with finishing off the kitchen, I got the bathroom that's just off the kitchen cleaned up as well. Here's the before:
I love it when people paint around things. It amuses me greatly. As you can clearly see, this is where the crusty, dingy, rusty old washer was...
And this is where the over the toilet cabinet was...
And this is where the mirror was.
Primed. I wanted to get this room as tidy as possible, even though it's not finished becauuuuuuuuuuuse....
LOOK WHAT SHOWED UP TODAY! SQUEEEEE! (cue choir of angels)
The HE2's, that's what! That is, my Kenmore HE2 front loading washer and dryer, to be more precise. Only the washer is in the house as there is currently no hook up for the dryer in that there bathroom. But there is one in the shed. The more I do around this house, the less I understand the people that lived here before us. SO, wash in the house, dry in the shed. Or more than likely, on the line.
If my invisible husband ever comes home (he's on a six day rotation at the moment and it must be busy out there or he'd be home by now...needless to say, I haven't seem him much this week) he said he'd hook it up for me. I think he's as excited about playing with it as I am.
In other WIP news, the sweater got to the blocking stage this week...
...and is now assembled. Up next, button hole bands and collar.
So I'm kinda tired now. I'm gonna go curl up for a bit and dream about clean clothes.
Until later...
No comments:
Post a Comment