Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It Was a Rainy Day...

Me and my half brother Raoul...no wait, that's a Pizzaville commercial.

Me and my husband, this guy...

...hooked up the washer and dryer. But first, some soldering.

Lest we have a very soggy situation in the upstairs bathroom, as the feed for the washer is tied into it and the pipes up there are very much not hooked up to anything, some shut-offs had to be installed. So he installed them.

Then he finished hooking up all the hoses and stuff.

Sometimes a closer look synthesizes the info. a little better.

Other than holding some tools and reading some instructions, this was my contribution to the effort.

So what do you do once you've finished hooking up a front loading washing machine? Why, you watch it do it's thing of course.

Oooooo, the lights came on!

Ooooo, now it's filling up with water!

OMG! It's making suds! It's actually making suds.

At this point I had to go run some errands, so I left the constable to enjoy the rest of the show.


One of the errands was to get some buttons for this...

...my now completed sweater. And yes, I'm wearing it in the hugging-my-washing-machine picture, sans buttons. I couldn't help myself. It was damp and chilly, perhaps a permanent state in this province, and the sweaters intended purpose is to ward off said chill and damp.

There's really no pictures of hooking up the dryer, cuz, well, it's not as interesting. You basically just plug it in. And it's in the shed, which isn't as pretty as my half finished utility room. But, we are getting there. The flooring should be here sometime next week. Yeeha.

And I think that's it for now. It's another rainy, foggy day and I really don't feel like doing much of anything today. But, time's a-wastin'!
Until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dunno it's a real toss up, the washer or the sweater...

Congrats on both!
Carrie