Saturday, December 01, 2007

Gonna Think Twice, Gonna Do Right...

I heard the most offensive thing the other day at work. I haven't heard something this offensive to my ears in quite some time. It was so offensive to me that it quite literally made my skin crawl, and I just had to share it here with you all.

This is what it was:

The Carpenters version of Ticket to Ride by the Beatles. Eeeyyyeeewwww!

This particular song epitomizes everything that was so horrid about seventies pop music. I am here to tell you my friends, it was decidedly UN-easy listening. Listening to The Carpenters (I don't mind their hits...much) instantly transports me back to my first home in north-ish Ontario on Lake Simcoe. I'm four or five and playing records on the family hi-fi system. And my favourites at the time were Kenny Rogers The Gambler, Barry Manolow and the Mini-Pops. The Mini-Pops were all me and I still love them. The rest constitutes my mothers tragically poor taste in music. Listening to the easy listening station on Galaxie sattelite radio while at work, I have to admit that when I hear 'You Picked a Fine Time to Leave me Lucille', I get a warm fuzzy nostalgic feeling. That and 'I Can't Smile Without You'....eeeeesh.

Anyhow, nothing much to talk about today other than to say it was kind of a rough first night for wee Hank, though he did remarkably well in the bladder control department, as far as seven week old puppies go. We made it out twice overnight at four hour intervals with success both times!(as if you are all dying to know the elimination habits of my canine). Such a smart dog.

And with that I just wanted to give a big shout out to y'all who stop by here either regularly or semi-regularly to take a looky-loo at my blog. All of the lovely comments and the cheerleading and the sharing of common bonds really does make me feel as though I am part of a community, despite having never actually met some of you! It's a very cool feeling. So I thank you all. Knowing that you're there makes writing this silly conglomoration of ramblings all the more worthwhile.

Here's to a great holiday season.

Until later...

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I forgot to look for puppy pictures yesterday, and must tell you, it's much too early on a Sunday morning for that much sweetness! He's adorable!! Have fun!

Donna M said...

Each night gets a little better. It usually takes 2 or 3 nights for them to settle in and stop missing mom and siblings.

ellen said...

50 points for Hank! He will stop missing his first family soon. You'll have such wiggles and excitement when you walk in the door.
I'm glad that I can visit here, read about what you are up to..thanks for your site!